ChrisK

Let's see...it must be that time of year again:

-Change of clothes: check
-Crew on speed dial: check
-Sails in truck: check
-Boat beer in truck: check
-Watch for 3 minute start: somewhere
-Sailing Instructions: uh, check
-Truck full o'gas an in good operating order for a nonstop trip to Clear Lake: check
-Bag of ice for beer: ok, maybe gotta make one stop..call crew.
-Cash for bar tab in case we don't win:*sigh*
-Cash to post bail for various members of the crew if we do win: *sigh again*
-Telling the boss I'm out of here early today to go yachting: "priceless"  8)

The Wednesdays Night Races start tonight.
For spectators this is a unique opportunity where you can watch sailboat racing up close and personal without a boat.  No better place than Clear Lake to enjoy a cold one as the sun sets, be there for the starts at 6:15.

If you're racing (or thinking about racing), the course is short with intense crew work, it will make you an excellent sailor, PLUS it is a whole heck of alot of fun.  There will be several new boats and new faces out this year...

A number of new (and returning) sponsors this year....that is great news. Lets support them.
Also, on occasion may even see Buddy out racing with us this year...that is even better news!
For so many years he has seen us have all the fun....

As for now, watching the weather for Series 1, Race 1  :-\
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisA

Don't forget the "Rounding Fluid".

ChrisK

What a perfect night it was to start the year. The weather gods REALLY smiled upon us...
Nice wind, close racing, a stellar sunset and a cold front that waited to arrive just as we pulled in for awards.

40+ boats on the lake plus a few more on the bay
Several new boats and new faces in various classes. Spotted a few mentors helping the newbies along that deserve recognition:
Stewart, Rocky Miller and Brian Tulloch to name a few.
All good stuff.

Thanks RC volunteers and sponsors for making it happen.
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Really "Exciting" at the Non-Spin start!!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

sausmusiii

By the lake tonight. What a sight. Boats everywhere. Congrat's to all that were out there sailing.

Sam

Charles

In Chris K's April 7 post, he mentions having Sailing Instructions.. He failed to mention that they should be this years version!!??  Oh well.  The non spin start last night was again "exciting"!  Huh Ben?
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

ChrisK

Check out the video:
http://www.ultimateclearlake.com/2010/08/wednesday-night-sailboat-races-clear-lake

It features alot of GBCA members at play on Wednesday night....

What a fun season this has been on the PHRF Spin line.
Only one more Wed Night series left (4 races) then on to the semi-finals...
Past Commodore, 2010

Terry Young

Great video. You got to love the wed. night race. Last night was great a true up wind down wind course. An what a great bunch of poeple to be around, only three more to go! Buddy, Rick and all the others great job, you make it fun!

STuma

Quote from: ChrisK on April 07, 2010, 08:03:19 AM
Let's see...it must be that time of year again:

-Change of clothes: check
-Crew on speed dial: check
-Sails in truck: check
-Boat beer in truck: check
-Watch for 3 minute start: somewhere
-Sailing Instructions: uh, check
-Truck full o'gas an in good operating order for a nonstop trip to Clear Lake: check
-Bag of ice for beer: ok, maybe gotta make one stop..call crew.
-Cash for bar tab in case we don't win:*sigh*
-Cash to post bail for various members of the crew if we do win: *sigh again*
-Telling the boss I'm out of here early today to go yachting: "priceless"  8)

The Wednesdays Night Races start tonight.
For spectators this is a unique opportunity where you can watch sailboat racing up close and personal without a boat.  No better place than Clear Lake to enjoy a cold one as the sun sets, be there for the starts at 6:15.

If you're racing (or thinking about racing), the course is short with intense crew work, it will make you an excellent sailor, PLUS it is a whole heck of alot of fun.  There will be several new boats and new faces out this year...

A number of new (and returning) sponsors this year....that is great news. Lets support them.
Also, on occasion may even see Buddy out racing with us this year...that is even better news!
For so many years he has seen us have all the fun....

As for now, watching the weather for Series 1, Race 1  :-\

The only thing you forgot was updated course sheet....

cheers...
Scott

ChrisK

Last night!

Last year the final series ended with an awesome rainbow over Clear Lake.
Tonight we might not get the rainbow, but what a great year on the lake it has been!

I speak for my entire crew, we've had an absolute blast on the Soverel in PHRF Spin class! 

It was great to see Buddy out racing. 
After so many years, he's finally enjoying some of the fun we've been having.
I think he was pleasantly surprised to see how tough the J22 class is on the lake!

Thanks to all the volunteers and sponsors who make it happen, week after week, on a school night. That's not easy.

Also, I would like to thanks my fellow competitors: you push us to the limit!  All we can do is keep sharpening that edge in the never-ending quest to win some the bar tab (and maybe someday make it to the semis)  ;D

It has been fun!
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010