The meaning of karma

Started by thomas, May 19, 2010, 07:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas

I'd asked what the karma logo by each persons member name on this bolg/website means and no one gave me an answer.  Here is an explanation.  If you look by someones name (I assume this is only for a paid GBCA member?) right beneath their name you see a hyperlink that reads applaud, and another one that reads smite. If you click on (applaud) for example, that person gets Karma plus one.  If you click on (smite), that person gets karma minus one. So you can look at a persons karma rating and see if they've been applauded a lot, and or if everyone is smiting them a lot.

For example, Bee is karma -26, while Christopher is karma 34.  Does that mean this is the opposite end of the spectrum of GBCA members?

So maybe no one answered my inquiry about the meaning of karma because....

BJSailor

...because you need to be smote a few more times ;D
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

Old.  That's it.  Old.  Phartish with not much smarts.  Weird with strange drinking habits.  Likes strong tasting beer, refuses to drink American horse p...., likes Belgian beer, thinks British ale at room temperature is also great, can't drink rum --- makes him dumb(er), has way to much education for a dumb ass, loves trains, likes the way Europe works, thinks the French are great,  likes French food and WINE, is known to want to live in Southern France, speaks a bit of German, but does not generally like German food (Hamburg/Willhelmshafen (fish) as well as Saurbraten in limited quantities are great exceptions), and generally politically unacceptable. 

Yup that all leads to a Karma of -1000.  Getting there but not yet in full gear. Can't wait.

jayhefty

The Karma button is a guage of bluntness. Of course who is to say the quest for -1000 is a bad thing.

Bobby Mac

I am really a bit perturbed.  I do not post that often, but I fully have believed that my normal day to day posting style is rather blunt, somewhat offensive (even under sailor standards) and generally provocative enough to earn my fair share of smotes.   Alas with an accumulation of seven posts I have merely achieved one lone negative karma points.  WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET  minus 34?????

Bobby Mac

By the way I do not know where to post this next request - so here is a good place.  I noticed that if you go to the members section where all members are listed, it gives several categories or boxes to fill in, like status, and number of posts, and several anachronisms that I have no clue what they mean.  There is one column that is entitled position.  I see some peole are listed as Board, or Adminstrator or Global Moderator.
Could someone please list me as Doggie Style?

Kevin Bednar

STuma

Quote from: Bobby Mac on June 18, 2010, 04:20:23 PM
I am really a bit perturbed.  I do not post that often, but I fully have believed that my normal day to day posting style is rather blunt, somewhat offensive (even under sailor standards) and generally provocative enough to earn my fair share of smotes.   Alas with an accumulation of seven posts I have merely achieved one lone negative karma points.  WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET  minus 34?????

Bobby,

I will answer this with how I have experienced it... if you have been around long enough and see the repeated patterns that keep happening and you ask about them, you get dinged... if you are blunt, you get dinged.. If someone gets their feelings hurt, you get dinged.. see the pattern?  I would not worry about it, we know who/how you are and like it that way... I prefer the blunt honesty rather than whispers in the dark...

cheers...
Scott

Bee

Bee wins the bluntness criteria.  Doesn't he.

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

thomas

Amen to the front street...