Rum Race #1, 2010

Started by ChrisK, May 30, 2010, 08:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Incrediible night! A great start to the season.  Preliminary results as follows...

SOS-TEX
1. Silver Bullet  
2. Metal Floss
3. Sela Vela
4. Rolana Sue
5. Farfromworken

GBCA Club Handi
1. Manana
2. Litl Bit o Sol
3. Curmedgeon
4. Shaken Not Stirred
5. Figaro

PHRF Non spin
1. Tenacious
2. Be Easy
3. Seven Star
4. Sabani
5. Big D

PHRF Spin
1. Parrot Tales
2. Sea Trial
3. Kicks
4. American Rose (hybrid Viper) #207
5. Aeolus
6. Mojo
7. Santana 525 #190 (Alex)
8. Dolcetto
9. Hendrix
10. Tres Hombres

*modified 06/02/2010
Past Commodore, 2010

LizBiz

I believe the correct name for the 3rd place finisher in the SOS class is "Vela".  I know it's a Beneteau and the skipper and his crew, Kelly, were at the workshop in the morning.  It was their first Rum race, too!

LizBiz

Silver Bullet's grinder, foredeck and snacktician.

Sailaway

Photos have been loaded. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/

Had to be the most boats I have seen in a while!

John

m/v Tramp  ;D

ChrisK

Excellent pics Lacy Bros!
Next Saturday we do it again
Rum race #2, be there!
Past Commodore, 2010

Leigh Ann

Attached are the series to date standings for the 2010 Rum Races. Click on the link below....

Terry Young

Chris I missed the party. KATANA's time in the PHRF club handicap is  (7:39:10). Is there a phone number we can call our time in, I live in Katy Tx ( 70 miles away) and most of the time need to start my drive home right after the boat is put up, so it is hard to make it to the party.

hayesrigging

I thought the J120 was 5th in PHRF spin??

Rob

I believe the spelling of the 3rd place boat in SOS needs a "V" instead of the "S"

LizBiz

Quote from: Rob on June 01, 2010, 12:37:57 PM
I believe the spelling of the 3rd place boat in SOS needs a "V" instead of the "S"

Agreed.  The Beneteau is named Vela and it was their first ever Rum Race!   :D

LB

ChrisK

The above preliminary party results modified.

After a little research, it turns out a mystery boat/sail number #142 got mixed up in the prelim spin results between 4th and 5th.  It turned out to be a Catalina 30 something cruiser that was not racing or relevant to the results.  

(Thanks to the EXCELLENT digital GPS time encoded pictures from the Lacy's stationed at the finish, it was much easier to sort that out! See pic 1735)  

TWO REMINDERS:
1. Fly your class flags.... a good sign we have alot of new boats out there

2. Club Handicap: be sure to record your finish times so we can enter into HAL2000 (orange edition) and get your new times.  

You can e-mail those Club Handicap times to lahsailing at gmail dot com

Final word goes to our Fleet Captain Leigh Ann, who will update the more official spreadsheet on the other thread soon.  
Past Commodore, 2010

Leigh Ann

Please see my original post - I have revised the spreadsheet to reflect the correct results - thanks for all of the on-the-water reporters.

dilast1

Sorry so late but just got setup to get on here.

SOS-TEX
1. Silver Bullet   
2. Metal Floss
3. Sela Vela
4. Rolana Sue  - correct name "Rolanna Sue"

Thanks
Tom