Cruising Club Ratings

Started by Nicole, July 19, 2019, 07:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole

I'm confused. Bad Girl is listed at least 3 times in the cruising club rating and yet the ratings are different. I see a 152 and a 144 but have not received any emails stating what I am supposed to be rated at for this next Rum Race #4. I am assuming I am to go with the latest date of 07/19/19. When I tried to compare to other boats in my class their ratings are all the same in multiple locations. Can someone help explain to me what I am supposed to go by? Thanks in advance.

WalterH

After looking at the results it looks like GBCA is saying 144 but looking at the "see changes "it should be 145. I think the Fleet Captain should make a decision whether it is 152 or 144 or 145.

Christopher

The program is automated and nearly runs on it's own.  Dual entries occur when user/skipper accidentally mistype or enter different boat data (name, sail#, email, etc.) from prior entries.   Numerous boats have multiple entries.  Database admin is occasionally needed to correct/consolidate these dual entries into a single boat entry. 

Typically, you should use the latest/most recent effective dated rating for the next race.

Pro-tip: You can help the system to prevent dual entries, by entering your email first; then allow the system to auto-populate the remainder of the information from what it has stored in it's database.  Then you only need to update the latest race information and not have to type into every field. 
First time users - this won't work for you until you have a prior race entry in the system.
Boat strumpets - this may not work for you either if you are entering results for different boats each weekend.
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

I agree on using the most current date. In Bad Girl's case we would have started with a 152 rating. We finally figured out that the older date (06/2018) had the current data changes and even that was a point off from our starting rate of 156. We started on what we believed to be 145. We did not finish for multiple reasons. It's hard to type with a dislocated finger :o
GBCA Commodore 2014

Nicole

I do type in my email first which auto populates the form. But there were multiple entries and the math didn't add up. Not to mention the date was from last year on the rating that I thought was closest to what I should have been. Hence my confusion. I looked at the most current date but as mentioned by others the See changes reflected that the 2018 date was actually the most correct. I do believe it should have been 145 after all the decoding.