One Design Or Spin Class Crew

Started by sailsrep, May 31, 2010, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailsrep

I am a Seabrook Resident I currently Own a 37' Alberg that I captianed in the Rum Races last year. I also crewed on the race to the border on a Beneteau 46 we took second in our class. I sailed over 1200 miles offshore last year,I am new to racing and am seeking crew oppourtunities on PHRF spin class boats or One Design boats I am eager to learn more about Racing I am in good physcial condition and willing to do any task on the boat active trimer,helm,whatever,I own my own safety gear and would be interested in racing on a consistent basis with the same crew/boat If the fit is right. Offshore or around the bouys give me a call.

David Sullins  832-725-7573     

thomas

I'm curious why you wouldn't race your boat in the Rum Races? I don't think you'll learn a lot about racing by being a grunt on someone's boat. Gotta read a book or go to seminar to learn about racing and they're right stingy on seminar's these days and the books aint free unless your a browser. All you'll do as a crew is learn to get yelled at.  Of course, that's an admirable trait that can take a person far. Not to mention the free beer.

sailsrep

My boat was damaged by tow boat us and I am working on getting it repaired. I did race in all the rum races last year and the compass bank regatta However it is a crusing boat and I want to sail with a true race boat in a more competitive class which would be a good learning enviroment for me. And I hope to have my issues worked out before the Harvest Moon so I can my boat offshore where it preforms the best.

David

thomas

I have been on some of these very competitive boats this year, and it has been a great learning experience for me as well. Good luck to you.

ChrisK

Ah, the old s/v Shared Watch!
Some good times on that boat! Raced her with JayZ many a time on the bay and GOM.
Past Commodore, 2010

sailsrep

She is a good boat and will be back on the coarse soon I have heard many stories of Shared Watch many memories to come

David