GBAD Regatta: September 18 & 19, 2010

Started by Leigh Ann, July 19, 2010, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

Save the date! On September 18th and 19th GBCA and PHRF-Galveston Bay are hosting the first GALVESTON BAY ALL DESIGN Regatta, now known as GBAD!

Early information:

+ Open to all Keel Boats
+ Boats without a current PHRF certificate will receive a free certificate courtesy of PHRF- Galveston Bay
+ Saturday Party of course - food, beer, music and RUM!!!!

Below is a flyer than you can print out and put on your refrigerator or wherever you put important dates to remember!!

Look for the NOR sometime after Texas Race Week!!!

sailfastliveslow

Someone explain the GBAD event?

Leigh Ann

Early information is:

+ Open to all Keel Boats
+ Boats without a current PHRF certificate will receive a free certificate courtesy of PHRF- Galveston Bay
+ Saturday Party of course - food, beer, music and RUM!!!!

The NOR is in the process of being developed which will have all of the details.

Thanks!

STuma

Am I to understand that the multis are not allowed?

what kind of courses are being proposed?
cheers...
Scott

Leigh Ann

I am working on the NOR today and I hope to have it up in the next couple of days. I don't want to answer alot of questions on the forum, but rather have the official notice of race answer the questions.

Thanks for the interest! Leigh Ann

Scoundrel

well....multi hulls are technically keelboats

Jeff K

I vote to let them race but don't let them into the party. They are kinda weird...  :-*
Who wasn't on the vang?

STuma

curious on the technicallity of multis and keelboats...  a keel boat with training wheels?

Jeff, I can't find a good disagreement on that one... maybe the adrenaline gets to their brain...
cheers...
Scott

Scoundrel

well, technically I miss-spoke.....keel boats and multi hulls are both displacement hulls..............if we're going further on this point someone's going to bring us pocket protectors!

Leigh Ann

The Galveston Bay All Design (GBAD) Notice of Registration is available at:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

sponsored by GBCA and PHRF-GB.

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

Burns

I think most of us have received the email with the NOR sent out by GBCA today.  If you have not signed up or you still have not gotten a PHRF certificate, about the only requirement to enter this race, there is still time.  The PHRF board has moved it's monthly meeting to the 15th in order to accommodate any boats that would like to enter. 

As part of PHRF-GB  sponsorship of this race any boat that does not have a current certificate but signs up for the regatta will get one that's good for the remainder of the year at no charge.  Counting GBAD, that leaves 3 regattas left in 2010.  (Compass Performance and HYC Turkey Day are the other two.) 

If you have questions or need some help in getting your application filled out contact any of the PHRF board members.  You can find that list here.

http://phrfgb.com/boardmembers.asp

Hope to see you on the water.

Burns

JayZ

It seems not too many folks have decided to enter the GBAD regatta.

It seems like a pretty cool concept.  I had envisioned big classes with a lot of boats on the line without breaking out the OD, Level 70, Club handicap, classic canvas etc. etc.  Not only that it really has the potential for giving the PHRF comittee and our fleet some good comparative data.

Part of the motivation behind this was for PHRF to help sponsor a regatta to give something back to the PHRF members from pulling out of it's coffers.  It would sure be nice to see some more boats come out.

How come not so much interest? 

I'd enter if m boat if she were rigged and ready but it just came out of the yard today and still doesn't have it's mast back up. 

JZ
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

JayZ

didn't see your post...  I would have posted mine right underneath if I had.

Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

DollFin

I'm guessing it's just the usual case of everyone waiting until the last minute.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444