GBAD Regatta: September 18 & 19, 2010

Started by Leigh Ann, July 19, 2010, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff K

Your right Scott, back in the day phrf ratings were based on W/L/T but the sprit boats have pretty much changed all of that. Their speed difference between reaching and running is just too big of a difference to properly rate. Since all major regattas are W/L's their ratings have come to reflect that in the national phrf book, right or wrong. You can even see this in our rum race series where reaching is prevalent, out of the top 8 boats there was only one symmetrical.

As in all handicap racing, different courses for different horses, different wind strengths help different boats. Please lets not get into another phrf or level 70 thread...
Who wasn't on the vang?

ChrisK

A reminder the competitors briefing is 19:00 tonight (Friday) GBCA Clubhouse at Watergate.

On Saturday, pasta/italian dinner to be served at 6:30, GBCA Clubhouse. 
Also important to note: a fresh keg o'Miller Lite is in the kegerator.

Corrie might need a hand in prepping the clubhouse Saturday.  As always, volunteers are appreciated!
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

thanks Jeff... not worth that path.. definatly understand the asym differences... I've been out of the technical side of ratings for a while and was curious on how they are factored...

Looks to be a great event and has something to grow into...

cheers...
Scott

Leigh Ann

Results are posted:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

If you want to see the detail for any particular race, click on that race number and you will get the detail report.

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Thanks to everyone for a good regatta, and some exciting looking weather.  Sorry I missed the awards--congratulations to the pickle dish holders.
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

Charles

Dittos on the thanks to the RC and GBCA board for another good regatta. Also thanks to the "Party" committee and to PHRFGB for the great food Saturday.

Charles
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Sailaway

Wife had the day off so I had to go drinkin' with her for lunch!

Photos are being loaded as I type so you will have to go to the photostream to see and then I will get into a set.

Great race!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos

m/v Tramp

Sailaway

ChrisK

Great pics John and Scott!!

Page 7 (Saturday) and 17 (Sunday) got a little dark at the end, but we got two solid days of racing, and both days everyone made it to safe harbor (and the Texan game) just in time!  

Next time I'm bringing my snorkel to do markset... heh-heh.  Thanks JeffK!

Speaking of the markset boat on Saturday morning, is this bad? (see attached picture)

No, it's GBAD!
Past Commodore, 2010