NOR Single/Mixed Double Regattas - August 21 and 22

Started by Leigh Ann, July 28, 2010, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Few more pictures of the first leg Mixed Doubles: 
http://picasaweb.google.com/bsailingclub/GBCAMixedDoublesRegatta#5508638968372932818

Additional tip:  Do not gloat when viperman is swimming at the top mark, the seven seconds you are giggling are the seven seconds you might lose by.
Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

ChrisK

Took more video than still photos...here are a couple good ones...

Pics from Saturday markset Singlehanded

Pics from Sunday markset Mixed Doubles
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

This just might be the picture of the day on Saturday, maybe the picture of the weekend...
I thought last years picture (see earlier in this thread) was awesome.

Check out "Spanky" Jones and his winning singlehanded spinnaker form, Viper style, all the way from Austin.

At least he waited to do the victory roll after the race...

Congrats on the win!
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

Good job "Spanky"...  (Jeff you had to be there Sunday night to know where you acquired that one)

that pic makes me feel so much better...
cheers...
Scott

Jonsey

I'd vote for this as the picture of the day - saturday.

Big smiles - sailing should be THIS much fun! 

Not sure if you saw what they brought out, but it was a long... bumpy ride home for spanky.

STuma

Quote from: B Sailing on August 23, 2010, 04:42:52 PM
Few more pictures of the first leg Mixed Doubles: 
http://picasaweb.google.com/bsailingclub/GBCAMixedDoublesRegatta#5508638968372932818

Additional tip:  Do not gloat when viperman is swimming at the top mark, the seven seconds you are giggling are the seven seconds you might lose by.

good point Alan... especially when someone hangs wht windward mark, backs up, does turns, rounds the mark, sets the chute, & STILL BEATS YOU DOWNWIND!!!
cheers...
Scott