NOR Single/Mixed Double Regattas - August 21 and 22

Started by Leigh Ann, July 28, 2010, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

Now that everyone is rested up from Texas Race Week!  8)

It is time for the I need icy-hot, advil, lots of rum and a divorce regatta.

The NOR is attached to this post and you can find the NOR and registration information on Regatta Network.
Register Link

The regattas are 2 seperate events that share a NOR. You must register for each regatta that you are going to race. The single handed regatta is August 21, 2010 and the mixed doubles is August 22, 2010.

Leigh Ann

UPDATE TO THE POST BELOW!

The really smart people at regatta network have set up the entry form so that if you register for the Single regatta, you have a choice to check a box that shows your are sailing in the mixed doubles also. That way you only have to register once and you only pay $60.00 for both regattas. If you are only doing the single regatta, do not check the box and if you are only doing the mixed doubles, just register for the mixed doubles under 08/22. Please let me know if you have any questions.

DISREGARD!!!
By the way - if you sign up for both regattas, you will pay $35 for each event on regatta network. GBCA will refund you $10.00 at the skipper's meeting so you will get single/mixed double package deal.

ChrisK

This is one of our more popular GBCA regatta weekends for both competitors and the (ever present) camera wielding spectators.

Last year had about 25 single handers in non-spin (and spin) and nearly 30 boats in the mixed doubles.  

In the singlehanded, this is one of the few races that will give you a case of butterflies at the start, exactly the same feeling the first few times you drove a car by yourself...
On the course, everyone is quite civil and usually gives each other a wide berth.  It's not uncommon to see the occasional inadvertent 360 or other, even more advanced, exhibitions of boat and sail control.

The weekend is really more a test of skill, endurance and preparedness as much an actual race between competitors.
It makes for some great racing!  

And for Sunday? A divorce lawyer is not included with your enty fee... :o
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

cheers...
Scott

Christopher

Mahalo nui loa

Eric713

MaryM

dilast1

I was trying to register for the double hand but, every time I click on the link it just opens the same page in a new window.  Help suggestions?

Jim Powers

Quote from: dilast1 on August 03, 2010, 05:40:45 PM
I was trying to register for the double hand but, every time I click on the link it just opens the same page in a new window.  Help suggestions?

this linkhttp://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html takes you to the GBCA Regatta Network page, which has the NOR, Official Notice Board, Registration link, and list of boats that are registered. click on the registration link, and enter your information.

dilast1

Quote from: Jim Powers on August 03, 2010, 10:27:57 PM
Quote from: dilast1 on August 03, 2010, 05:40:45 PM

this linkhttp://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html takes you to the GBCA Regatta Network page, which has the NOR, Official Notice Board, Registration link, and list of boats that are registered. click on the registration link, and enter your information.

Thanks was the popup blocker that was causing the problem.  Thanks
Tom

STuma

cheers...
Scott

STuma

signed up for both single/double, but only "registered" for single... I have the confirmation email for both... any ideas?

cheers...
Scott

MaryM

Scott - that is probably the ideal situation!  You can't disagree about what you don't hear.

They also come with every "Just shut up and drive" shirt.

STuma

Thinking about that, Mary, I'm not sure I want to give her one of those...

I guess I have to survive the Singlehanded first, before I can attend the Double...

cheers...
Scott

Eric713