GBCA Women's Regatta 2010 - Sept. 11

Started by Jim Powers, July 29, 2010, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Powers

Women's Regatta NOR is up at http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

beverly

WooHoo!  Alright gals, plenty of time to buy, rent, borrow, or steal a boat between now and Sept. 11th.  We need to enter early so we can make sure the guys have enough treats for us at the after-race party.  Let's give the race committee a full day's work with multiple OD and non-spin races.  Put up or shut up!

;D

J24srock

Are there any ladies planning to race J/24s or J/22s at this regatta? J/24 Siren will be signing up.

Sailchick

Sea Trial is in.  That weird dueling seahorse trophy is mine. 
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Frank Tamborello

I'm unclear: Is this a regatta wherein a woman skippers the boat and the crew may be mixed-gender or is it for all-woman crew only? In other words, if I want to crew for a woman in this regatta do I need to shave my beard, stuff a bra, & tuck?  ;)

Leigh Ann

Frank,

From the NOR:

For each race in the Regatta, each boat competing shall be helmed by a female from the warning signal for her class until she has finished.�

So basically, yes guys can crew just not drive....

Frank Tamborello

Quote from: Leigh Ann on August 23, 2010, 11:11:44 AM
Frank,

From the NOR:

For each race in the Regatta, each boat competing shall be helmed by a female from the warning signal for her class until she has finished.�

So basically, yes guys can crew just not drive....

Thanks, Leigh Ann!

MaryM

Of course there are certain women that have required all of their crew to wear grass skirts and coconuts....or prom dresses....or bikinies.

Eric713

DollFin

Quote from: Eric713 on August 24, 2010, 05:43:36 PM
Now that's disgusting!

You've obviously never been to a Jimmy Buffett concert!  :D

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Eric713

I was picturing BEE in a grass skirt with coconuts!

Bee

Bee?  Bee don't need no stinking coconuts!

Bee

Eric713

Nice photo Sailaway.  Does IT work at Hooters?