GBCA Women's Regatta 2010 - Sept. 11

Started by Jim Powers, July 29, 2010, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beverly

Ok, so enough about the guys in grass skirts and bras....

Ladies, who besides me and Jody are racing?  More classes = more cool trophies.

DollFin

I may try for it... not sure yet, but trying to learn how to drive the old Soling well enough by next week that David can coach me through the race... we'll see. If I do, well, it will be an adventure.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

J24srock

Um...Jody...I think I want that trophy.  ;D  Siren is in. Let's do this!

Sailchick

BRING IT!!!!  I found a T-shirt design the other day that just said "SIREN BITCHES"  -- it made me smile.  Can't wait to see you on the race course!!!!!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

ChrisK

I heard mumblings about two more J24 planning to come out.... Chickety Split and Dirty Girl.  Sign up!
Past Commodore, 2010

J24srock

@ Jody...hope it was Siren that made you laugh! Really can't wait! C'mon ladies, let's go have some fun!

beverly

Three trophies!  Cool, that makes my life easy gals.  We can do paper, rock, scissors and see who gets the coolest wine glass!

DollFin

Well, the cr@ppy weather has prevented us from getting out on the Soling for me to practice driving! Still gonna try if the weather starts cooperating, but if not... anyone need crew??

713 408-0444

ChrisA

DollFin

Not giving up, just covering my bases. If I can't get enough practice time in on the helm before Saturday, I still want to be able to get out there! :)

713 408-0444

Sailchick

Highway 146 Traffic Alert
for Saturday, Sept. 11

Sept. 10,  2010

Drivers on State Highway 146 should expect traffic delays early Saturday morning, Sept. 11.  Highway construction along SH-146 continues to move ahead quickly. As the project develops traffic will be rerouted to allow the next phase of construction to begin. Such a change will take place beginning at 5 a.m. Saturday morning. For a short time, the highway will be closed to allow traffic barriers to be moved. Once open, traffic will have been taken off the existing highway lanes and placed on new sections of road. In that process two new intersections will flank the old intersection of SH-146 and Shoreacres/Choate.  With the traffic out of the way construction can begin on an overpass that will eventually eliminate the intersection for north and southbound through traffic.

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Eric713

My Queen.  She's cute, does traffic advisories, and drives a sailboat!!

Eric713

May you all sail fast, have fun and be safe..