BBVA Compass Performance Cup Regatta October 9th and 10th, 2010

Started by Leigh Ann, August 26, 2010, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

aka......THE BANK REGATTA........

NOR and Registration are available at:  http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Remember when you are registering for the Women's regatta you might as well registered for the GBAD and the Bank - all of the entry forms are available at the same place at:  http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Sailchick

I want to encourage everyone to please sign up early for the BBVA Compass Bank Regatta.  We are only a few weeks away and let me tell you about some of the awesomeness you will be signing up for ---

Pre-sale of long sleeve, white, dry regatta shirts
Friday night -- Skipper's Meeting and GBCA Happy Hour on the top deck at Crazy Allan's Swamp Shack
Saturday day - great racing in beautiful fall weather
Saturday night - Old Sunset Grille for live music, catfish, shrimp and all the fixin's.
Give aways and daily prizes from the Classic Cafe
Sunday day - great racing round 2
Sunday afternoon - Trophy presentation at the clubhouse with beverages

All this because of our incredible sponsors -- Thank you  -- BBVA Compass, UK Halsey, Gulf Coast Soda Blast and Hayes Rigging!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Looks like I may have trouble crewing up but will go sign up anyway.  Sounds like fun to me.  Earlier the better.

Bee

sailfastliveslow

Two questions:

1.  I'm bringing a keel boat in from Corpus.  Can I count on using the GBCA hoist, since HYC/LYC is members-only, except for their sponsored regattas.

2.  My GBPHRF cert is maybe extinct.  No changes since last rating.  Do I really need to re-up for one regatta?

Visitor, from afar...

Bee

Man I love the name Pot Smoking ... on the B25.  Looks like a complete winner to me.  Boat should blow smoke around everyone.

MaryM

Sail Fast - what kind of boat?  I am assuming that when you say the GBCA crane you are talking about the one at Seabrook Marina?  Their number is 281-474-2586, you can make arrangements directly with them.

Sailchick

Sailchick

Pre Order your BBVA Compass dry shirt today!!!

Contact me by email or PM here with your size!

Shirts are $30.  See design and sizing chart attached!!

Bee

Do these shirts come in something like 64XL?  With that material, my belly will look at least that many times larger then it is --- oops it is that large.

Anyway Bee will take a XXL.

Leigh Ann

Quote from: sailfastliveslow on September 20, 2010, 09:04:20 PM
Two questions:

1.  I'm bringing a keel boat in from Corpus.  Can I count on using the GBCA hoist, since HYC/LYC is members-only, except for their sponsored regattas.

2.  My GBPHRF cert is maybe extinct.  No changes since last rating.  Do I really need to re-up for one regatta?

Visitor, from afar...

The answer to #2 is in the NOR under Elgibility - basically yes, you need a valid PHRF-GB cert.

Sailchick

The Line Up --- a great band -- normally seen at Drip, Yaga's and the Turtle Club will be headlining the Saturday night party!!!  Come join us at the old Sunset Grille Location in Seabrook Shipyard!!   Live Music --- Fresh Fried Catfish and yes, Rum!!!!

hayesrigging

Fried catfish and........   Not everyone eats seafood!!!!

Sailchick

chicken.....and hush puppies.....and fries.....and shrimp......

gwittich

Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro