Triple Play is sold

Started by Brad, December 04, 2010, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

I thought I would let everyone know that the Robbins family and our crew are moving to new racing venue - we just don't know what it is yet  :).  Triple Play is now out of racing unless the new owner decides to do Harvest Moon.  Otherwise, he plans on fitting the boat out for cruising which is a perfect use of a Grand Soleil 39.

It has been great racing on the Bay with everyone.  Lots of good times and super PHRF racing.  Hopefully we will be out there again soon.

Brad & Mary

Jim Powers

Bee

105-105-105-05-105

Hmm Did I say 105?

Hamburger

no way, Bee! Brad wants some nice furniture! I raise you 4 and offer J/109! I've heard there's a good one for sale right here in good ol' Galveston Bay!

Bee

Furniture?  Who needs furniture?  Nice thing about a 105 is one can clean is quickly and easily with a standard issue water hose.

What one needs is a class with boats that appear regularly.

MaryM

Wow, I'll tell you one thing - I'm not going to miss seeing that ginormous blue kite coming downwind right on our tail!  ;)  Hope to see the Robbins clan out on other boats until you decide on your new boat - I hope the new owner has as much fun with Triple Play as you all had.

STuma

J80's cheaper than a 105.   ;)
cheers...
Scott

Leigh Ann

Brad  - Are you getting any suggestions on what kind of boat you need to get next???? :)

Brad

I am thinking that my little Sunfish fleet might be enough for now, but I do appreciate the helpful advice.  Interesting idea, Scott, about considering a J80 or maybe even a J22 or Viper?  So many options for an old guy with strong sons for crew :)

I hear that there may be 3 - J111s on the Bay in 2011 -  that would satisfy the wife and all my regular crew but might devastate my bank account :).

Too many one design options.

BoomerangJ

Brad-
Just sent you an e-mail!  Your worries are over!  throw your lot in with me!  I can help you!  5 J/105s and 2 J/109's in our brokerage listings and J/111's on the way!  Of course there is the new center board J/108-Race the bay on weekends, do the Wednesday nights, and then pull up the Club Classic dock afterwards!

Lots of options for you.  but I know the J/109 and J/105 fleets would love to have you!

Scott

JayZ

Congratulations Brad.  Good Luck with whatever comes next. 

Enjoy being a non-boat owner as long as it feels good.

Jay Z.
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

Bee

Danny

Quote from: JayZ on December 07, 2010, 07:21:52 AM
Congratulations Brad.  Good Luck with whatever comes next. 

Enjoy being a non-boat owner as long as it feels good.

Jay Z.

That's a good point .. ;D

B Sailing/Alan Bates

Enjoy not being a boat owner AND still go sailing on a J/80 and J/105--www.bsailing.com
(shameless plug)

I will not miss getting caught in the huge bad air zone Triple Play blanketed the start line with.  :-\

Alan Bates/B Sailing-281-212-7348
Learn to sail and race J/Boats in annual membership sailing club. Unlimited sailing on "your' own boat.

Jonsey

A buddy of mine was talking about your program during the HYC Turkey Regatta.... sounds like a nice set-up.    You should pull the trigger on those new additions...