Triple Play is sold

Started by Brad, December 04, 2010, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burns

Quote from: Bee on December 17, 2010, 01:08:29 PM
Didn't say they aren't a lot of fun.  Didn't say one shouldn't buy one.  Didn't intend to rile anyone up.

Of course, if I was as good of a sailor as you guys are, if I wasn't too old to sail one, and if I could find enough young crew, then maybe I would buy one.

No riling taken at all.  I think this is a fun discussion and we should all thank Brad for selling his boat so we can tell him how to spend the proceeds.

Charles

Quote from: B Sailing on December 17, 2010, 01:23:02 PM
all that aside--it really comes down to: porta potty vs. real marine head.  :o

One has to have their priorities straight!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Jonsey

So what your saying bee is that since brad has those young boys that don't mind peeing off the back of the boat, a od 35 might in fact be the right choice?

I like this game....  who else needs boat advice?  Charles, I know your ready to move up ;-)

DollFin

Port-a-potty??  Shoot, between Revolution and the Soling, I'm lucky to get a bucket! (ah the joys of being a female sailor!)   ::) :) Can't wait 'til David and I have our own cruiser/racer again!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Brads Sons

Quote from: Jonsey on December 17, 2010, 02:10:47 PM
By the way - what is triple play and who is this Brad Robbins guy?!

Triple Play was the largest and most intimidating vessel to sail these here Galveston Bay waters.  Her teak decks were cared for by the most dedicated of crews and her bottom was as slick as her spinnaker was large. At 39' long and with her tall mast she easily blanketed all who dared to start a race below her proud bow. Her skipper was none other than the infamous Brad Robbins, who although was sometimes known for his light hand on the wheel, would never have conquered so much, nor be so renowned without his crew of strapping young gents and assorted old guys.
"Put that sail away!"
"Get me a beer would you?"
"Can't you tack any faster?!"

-- "No problem dad, I mean Capt. Robbins"

STuma

Quote from: DollFin on December 17, 2010, 04:40:13 PM

Port-a-potty??  Shoot, between Revolution and the Soling, I'm lucky to get a bucket! (ah the joys of being a female sailor!)   ::) :) Can't wait 'til David and I have our own cruiser/racer again!

Karen,

you are saying they actually have a bucket?  WOW! 

cheers...
Scott

MikeS.

Quote from: Brads Sons on December 18, 2010, 12:44:05 PM
Quote from: Jonsey on December 17, 2010, 02:10:47 PM
By the way - what is triple play and who is this Brad Robbins guy?!

Triple Play was the largest and most intimidating vessel to sail these here Galveston Bay waters.  Her teak decks were cared for by the most dedicated of crews and her bottom was as slick as her spinnaker was large. At 39' long and with her tall mast she easily blanketed all who dared to start a race below her proud bow. Her skipper was none other than the infamous Brad Robbins, who although was sometimes known for his light hand on the wheel, would never have conquered so much, nor be so renowned without his crew of strapping young gents and assorted old guys.

Assorted old guys?  Be careful, I know who you are and I know where you live...

;)

Brad

Thanks to everyone for your responses - both the humorous ones as well as the educational.  I have decided to make a total change - from a 39', 21,000 pound PHRF racer with a crew of 11 to a 21', 800 pound one design with a crew of 3.  Yes, we are buying a Viper 640!  We look forward to racing in the Bay, but also participating in the Texas Viper Circuit. 

See you out there soon.

Brad

Bee

You will definitely have fun with that Brad.  Wish I was a bit less arthiritically inclined.

Jonsey

Brad?s boat will be accompanied by Vipers for Billy Richnow and Pat Gibson, both members of HYC and will be very active on Galveston Bay and the Texas Circuit.   I?m picking up a second boat from Arizona in a few weeks and plan on leaving it down in Houston for much of the summer.   Add Duck and Dive and there?s quite an active little fleet brewing on the bay.    Wednesday night?s could get interesting, especially if it?s breezy!

I believe there's one boat in that container without a deposit on it.  I think Juan may have people who may have expressed interest but until money is in hand, it?s available!

STuma

Quote from: Brad on December 20, 2010, 09:47:16 AM
Thanks to everyone for your responses - both the humorous ones as well as the educational.  I have decided to make a total change - from a 39', 21,000 pound PHRF racer with a crew of 11 to a 21', 800 pound one design with a crew of 3.  Yes, we are buying a Viper 640!  We look forward to racing in the Bay, but also participating in the Texas Viper Circuit. 

See you out there soon.

Brad

Sweet!  I had a great time racing with them, and I am sure you guys will do very well.

cheers...
Scott
cheers...
Scott