Icicle 1 Club Handicap

Started by gwittich, January 08, 2011, 07:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwittich

Great start into the new season! Thanks to the GBCA Race Committee!

Figaro finished at 13:52:22.

We finished about seven seconds ahead of Astarte.
Astarte, please confirm. Katana (first in the Handicap Class) was not sure about the finishing sequence of Figaro versus Astarte.

Thanks,
GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Eric713

Astarte was not on the water today.  I think you mean Antares..

Eric713

The S2 which took home a bottle by winning 2nd place in the club handicap category is not registered in that division.  Just a heads up..

Terry Young

KATANA finished 13:48:12

Then Boat with no name on it, sail # 291 (was an S2) and had a org. flag and said they were in the GBCA handycab class, but I do not see them reg.

Next was Antres, sail # 1809 Three of us believed they were flying a org. but was not clear.Do not see them reg. in the GBCA handycab class.

Then  Figaro sail # 10

Then SKALAWAG # 11

gwittich

Thanks Ed, you are right. I meant Antares not Astarte.
So Antares, please confirm my earlier post.

GW

MaryM

Just a reminder to whomever places first in the club handicap class - we need you to write down the boat finish times in addition to the name/sail number.  Thanks!

Sailchick

Someone mentioned last night that Antares was not part of the Club Handicap class.  Doug - let us know what flag you had up.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

ShakenNotStirred

I have the times that were handed to Jody at the party.  Here is what I have, and it's kind of a mess:
From Katana:
1. #373 "Katana"  13:48:12
2. #291 (no name)
3. Figaro  13:52:22
4. Antares 13:52:29
5. #11 Skalawag

From Makani Kai:
13:57:58

From Shaken Not Stirred:
13:58:55

From a couple of yellow post-it notes (maybe you can identify yourself?)
Us 13:57:37
#4802 13:58:15
#120 13:58:42
Wandering Star 14:01:01

Antares (above) was racing in the spinnaker (white flag) class, not in the club handicap.
Shaken Not Stirred finished right behind Chiron, which finished behind Stellar Of Course.
2013 Commodore

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Terry Young on January 08, 2011, 08:47:30 PM

Next was Antres, sail # 1809 Three of us believed they were flying a org. but was not clear.Do not see them reg. in the GBCA handycab class.

Terry,
The orange you saw on Antares was his MOB pole.  ;)
2013 Commodore

Eric713

Lil Bit A Sol finished 5-10 seconds behind Skalawag.  We had an overlap at the finish.  Stellar Of Course and Malani Kai were behind us.  (#713)

Eric713

Times.. We must have times...
Skalawag 13:57:42 sail #11
Lil Bit A Sol 13:57:48....sail #713...It was a photo finish!!

Kevin Box

I put in a call to CSI - Galveston Bay

Stellar of Course

Stellar of Course finsihed at 13:58:10 ( our best estimate) we were about three feet ahead of Orion.

Ron E

Terry Young

What a wonderful day to go sailing. Glad we did race on Sunday!

My thanks to all, who put the races together, and I love the new calendar, great job! :-)

KATANA

gwittich

Using radio contact might facilitate scoring of the handicap fleet.
The first finisher could identify him/her/self on channel 68.
Subsequent finishers could then make short calls reporting their GPS finishing times.
The winner should collect the results of the entire fleet and present them at the club meeting.