Key West Race Week 2011

Started by ChrisK, January 13, 2011, 01:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

I guess now is a good time to start a KWRW 2011 tread.

A few local Galveston Bay boats you may know will be racing:

Mojo: Melges 32
Hot Ticket: King 40
Solaris: J105
Andale: J80
Revolution: 1D35

In addition I'm sure some of the local crew talent will be sprinkled around other boats, guys like JT...

Racing starts Monday 1/17. Give 'em hell!
http://www.premiere-racing.com/keywest11/pages/KW11_home_page.htm
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

The J105 National Class is using Kattack for tracking the race.  Give a look at

http://www.kattack.com/webplayer/?raceGUID=0f9ff79c-6e38-4c55-91d6-42225a56c50e#

You can watch all the boats, but particularly Solaris.  They appear to be coming into the start area now.
At 4-5 knots of boat speed, my guess is that the winds are pretty light today.

Besides Bill and company the boat to watch is Masquerade.  He has won the race just about every time he enters.  The other boat that has been really good over the last couple years is Savasana.  However, all the participants have shown that they can kick ass.

Bee

OOPS,  Belay that remark.  It appears that the racing is over and they are heading back to the dock.  If so, Bill is not is a good mood. my guess is they will finish second to last.  Darn it.  Makes me feel bad.  I always pull for them and always get beat by them.  Sure hope they do better tomorrow.

It would also appear that Masquerade has done its usual sweep.

Bee

Hell being old and behind the times.  Starting watching too late.  Bill took 9th in the first race and 13th in the second.

Tough competition with Masquerade in 1st with a bullet and a 2nd.  Now that's a cheater boat.

Sailchick

Hot Ticket took FIRST in their second race.  Report from the water is that they had an incredible start.

Direct quote:  "First start of the day sucked though......second start kicked ass!"

If you want to see pictures of our GBCA members, Shelly McBride has the rum monkey.  Look for him on Facebook at Texas Rum Monkey.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

ChrisK

Day 1 it looks like Hot Ticket, Revolution and La Tigre (Dallas) had a good day.  
Keep the wheels on boys and girls!

Mojo made progress.  Andale mid pack.  
Never fear: Solaris and crew will get their day in the sun.

Lots of racing left.

Wind forecast looks light this week for Key West
Ah, but that temperature...warm... 78?
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Cool stuff.  Solaris just took 4th in the first race of the day.  That doesn't sound so good until you realize they were OCS at the start.  Went back, recovered and blasted back into fourth.  The finish was really tight with three boats in position to take that place away from Bill and the boys and girls.  Really neat to watch this stuff as it happens.

Keep them cards and letters coming big S.

Charles

Yep. That was a great recovery!  It looked like about half the fleet was OCS on that start.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

And then they took a flyer on the last race of the day.

Normally there are no race drops so currently in 8th with 33 points.  Might still be able to work their way up to 4th.

Lots of racing left.

ChrisK

Day 3 one race

Looks like Al did great on Andale 4th, sneaking up there.
Solaris 6th. Despite hitting weather mark...
Hot Ticket got a second....rolling on the momentum from last nights Texas party...

Today is Mount Gay Rum day, and the races cut short due to wind.

"Danger Will Robinson, Danger!"
Past Commodore, 2010

MaryM

Speaking of the Texas Party (for all those not familiar - every tuesday of race week there is a texas party, usually hosted at one of the houses) - I have not seen a single picture or facebook post.  Must have been off the hook and the evidence is being hidden - what happens in Key West, stays in Key West!

Jeff K

Who wasn't on the vang?

ChrisK

A full moon rising tonight in Key West about 6 pm.
Look out, the Texans are on the loose....

Can we go ahead and just annex KW as part of Texas now, or later?
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

2nd Race:
Solaris 2nd to the weather mark!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les