Icicle #2 2011

Started by ChrisK, January 14, 2011, 10:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Starting this thread in an effort to keep the number of threads consolidated for I#2!

Weather forecast looks like Saturday (again) is the day to go sailng.

Need crew? Check out the Crew Finder
Past Commodore, 2010

DollFin

Quote from David this morning while checking the weather for today: "Common sense says we should stay home. In lieu of common sense, we have foul weather gear".

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Terry Young

Where did the wind go, should of been 9 to 10! O well it was still fun and it did not rain! Many thanks to all that made it happen!

KATANA

ChrisK

That was one of the more unusual Icicles, still...things worked out in the end. Good times!
Past Commodore, 2010

Tye Dyed Gary

Plus, Jody, did another great job on the after race party.
Thank you again!
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Sailchick

I'm the one you see running around but really, a lot of people do those parties --- Kudos to Beverly, Corrie, Jim, Kevin and all the clean up crew!
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Bee

Really was weird weather.  I had told Apple on Friday that the weather was going to be nice.  Then I get up on Saturday to rain at 6:00 and think the weather is going to be terrible.  When we get to the gate there is almost no wind.  We are all puttering around keeping our fingers crossed hoping for some breeze.

We grimace as Tenacious goes backwards in the current at their start and then smile as we realize the wind is going to fill in just as the faster boats start.  Wind keeps all the slower boats near the start and then fills in just perfectly for us faster boats.  After that it was just a parade. 

Not complaining, but it would have been a lot fairer and probably more fun for everyone if the wind had filled in a bit earlier and there had been at least one weather leg.

There's always next Saturday

As usual, the party and comradery were great.  Thanks all.