GBCA 2011 Frostbite Regatta NOR - February 26 & 27

Started by Leigh Ann, January 14, 2011, 12:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

Follow the link and the NOR is posted, while you are there you might as well register.

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Please note  - we will be scoring for each day of the Regatta and giving trophies - Saturday and Sunday and then overall Frostbite trophies which include both days together. That way if you can't race on Saturday (i.e. HLR Cook-off), but can race on Sunday - you can still be scored for Sunday. It will be advisable if you are attending the cook-off to bring the race committee BBQ on Sunday!

Let me know if you have any questions! Leigh Ann Hawboldt - Fleet Captain, lahsailing@gmail.com

ChrisA

We have had a lot of well thought out suggestions about making our regattas more popular and user friendly. Split sym and asso in PHRF Spin. More fixed marks for non spin and Club Handicap. Many other constructive ideas. None of this works if no one registers for the regattas.

Leigh Ann cannot set up classes and courses when only a few boats bother to register until the last minute. I have heard folks say that they are waiting to see what other boats sign up. If everybody does this, which they do, nobody signs up until the last minute.

You would get killer regattas if we had enough advance notice of the number of participants. We are committed to providing the best racing experience on the Bay, and have the assets in place to do so. It will never happen without the cooperation of you, the participants.

DuaneB

Didn't see a place to up load my PHRF Certificate, am I missing something?
Duane Bez

Leigh Ann

No Duane you are not missing anything. That feature was experience a rolling black-out and was unavailable  - The download your PHRF certificate feature is now up and running.

If you have already registered, you can email your certificate to me at lahsailing@gmail.com

Thanks!

Leigh Ann

I saw the 5 day forecast and it is suppose to be in the 70's this coming weekend! No snow, no ice, no excuses!

Courses being offered are windward/leeward, fixed marks and combo windward/leeward with a triangle. In the next day or so I will post which fixed marks could be a part of a course with coordinates so you can program your GPS.

So it is time NOW to sign up for the Frostbite Regatta!

gwittich

Leigh Ann, are those of us racing in the orange class using the ratings of Icicle #5?
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann

According to the person "in the know" the club handicap ratings will be published in a day or two. So Club Handicap boats - time to sign up!

Bee

Another chicken?  OMG another poor defenseless chicken will bit the dust.

ChrisK

17 boats so far (Monday) with the largest class being Club Orange. Excellent!
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

Don't pressure the SUPER CHICKEN. 
The Chicken doesn't work weekends.
The Chicken doesn't work holidays.

Kevin Box

8-Piece dark special $4.99 on Tuesdays at Popeye's.  The bones hath been cast.  Sleepy now.....

Terry Young

Eric713

Where are all the Club Handicap boats??  You guys play when it's free.  Sign up, drop the registration fee and join the fun. We don't want to be known as the "GETTO FLEET"!!