Icicle Race 4 - Club Handicap Ratings

Started by Kevin Box, January 25, 2011, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Box

ChrisK

And now for the Icicle #4 weather forecast....
:-X
Past Commodore, 2010

dilast1

looks like in the 40's about race start and winds in the 8 to 12 mph.

DollFin

Just hoping the ice in the bottom in the Soling will have melted by race time! Brrrr-r-r-r-r-r!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Terry Young

Try a big boat it,s warmer! Bathroom, hot drinks, cold beer, good music, and a fun crew!

KATANA

ChrisK

28? is Seabrook this morning...that has to be some kind of Icicle record...the big warmup is today as temps are headed to mid 50's

I'll be dressed alot like:
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Rumor has it the official GBCA photo/race committee boat m/v 'Tramp' will be out spectating (in heated comfort) for the first time this season.
John has a brand new super-duper gyro stabilzed camera lens that he can't wait to use
Say cheese!
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Glad to hear that John is back.

See you all at the party.

beverly

Irish Coffee will be the drink of the day aboard Shaken Not Stirred.

DollFin

Well, we got out there but then the wind was picking up to the point where David was not comfortable risking our little beat up boat (and our shiny new sails), especially with the water as cold as it was - if anything had happened and we had gone into the water, it would have been serious. So on this rare occasion, common sense won out and we headed back to SSY Hope everyone had fun and hopefully the old blue soling will be out next week!! :)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Terry Young

What great day to be out sailing, my thanks to all who made it happen! And John your photos from Tramp that you showed at the party were great! Hope you post them on the GBCA site, so I can show my freinds and family the fun they are missing, and the great people I hang out with!
And Tramp was looking good, many thanks for all your help!

KATANA :)

ChrisK

Good call DollFin. There is always next week.

Got a sneak peak of the pics tonight with John Lacy's new lens. Many awesome pics.  Thanks Lacy Bros on m/v Tramp!
Link to be posted soon.
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

The first leg of Icicle 4 was very frustrating for us.  We just couldn't seem to get it right, and never really challenged.  I found it interesting that the first and second place boats in Icicle 3 finished last and next to last in Icicle 4 in the cruising class.  This is worse then golf.  Lil Bit A Sol slugged across @ 13:48:18. We're looking forward to Icicle 5.  14 boats in Icicle 3.  7 boats in Icicle 4 in the cruising class.

Sailaway

Here is the link.  Still have about 100 photos to load but will be there soon.  Sorry I missed the first 3 icicles and the Commodore's Ball but the cold won out!  Ready for Spring (but got to make it thru Icicle #5 and the Frostbite!)!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

m/v Tramp

;D

Bee

As usual, the pictures are fantastic.

Big thanks John.