Wednesday Night Seminars

Started by STuma, February 02, 2011, 09:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

Time: 7 pm

Tonight is the kick-off Meet~n~Greet for the Wednesday Night Seminars.  We encourage everyone to attend and find out what has been going on during the winter; incase you haven't been celebrating Xavier's birthday every Wednesday night @ the Cafe.

Here is an overview of the topics suggested: Overcoming obstacles, RRS part 2, starting techniques, racing on Clear Lake (2 parts), aerodynamic/hydrodynamic relationships, Question and Answer session (possibly 2 parts), boat preparation, tactics, strategy, weather, sportsmanship, match racing, Good/Bad tactacians & planning a successful campaign.

Obviously not all of these topics can be discussed, but a group of willing individuals have agreed to speak on a number of these topics.  We will have a narrowed down listing with a rough schedule at Cabo tonight, 7 pm.
cheers...
Scott

ChrisK

Glad to see this speaker series back. It brought in some new faces last year!

Every Wednesday in February and March?

I have the first Wed race on April 6th...
Past Commodore, 2010

gwittich

Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

ShakenNotStirred

2013 Commodore

dilast1

WOW, I found the info here but nothing ont he http://www.clearlakeracing.org/ site.  Been wondering what was up.  Will try to be there this wednesday.
Tom

STuma

Tomorrow night will start off with Vince Morvillo speaking about overcoming struggles and challenges through sailboat racing and life.

Seminar starts @ 7 pm at Cabo on the Water, 2513 NASA Parkway, previously known as Club Classic.

I have also made a posting on the Clear Lake Racing Association Facebook page; http://www.facebook.com/clearlakeracingassociation#!/

Postings on the website are in progress...
cheers...
Scott

STuma

We had a great discussion from Vince Morvillo and learned some great aspects of Team Building.  Thanks Vince and everyone that braved the cold and ice.

2/16/11, we have Farley discussing RRS Rules, Part 2.  7 pm @ Cabo on the Water (Club Classic)
cheers...
Scott

ChrisK

*bump*

A reminder that CLRA Seminar #2 is tonight 2/16 at Cabo's 7pm.  
Farley is a good speaker.

If you want to learn more about sailboat racing and meet some of the Wednesday Night regulars (who might need crew this season) this would be a great place to start. Free!

Facebook invite link with some details:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100832166663240

To clairify, if you missed "Part 1" don't worry, there wasn't a "Part 1".
Tonight Farley will be reviewing a section of the racing rules of sailing called "Part 2"
Past Commodore, 2010

STuma

Thanks Chris for the reminder and clarification.  I hope to see you guys there...

I hope everyone brings their questions for Farley!!!
cheers...
Scott

ChrisK

*bump* Week 3 of the CLRA speaker series continues tomorrow, 2/23

Stuart Lindow will present his experiences and advice, along with hints and tricks, on racing on Clear Lake
Past Commodore, 2010