Icicle Race 5 - Club Handicap Ratings

Started by Kevin Box, February 09, 2011, 08:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Box

The GBCA Club Handicap ratings are updated at:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

Remember, to be eligible for a Series trophy, you must be a GBCA Senior Member as of the date of the last race, so check your membership if you're in the running.  Better yet, make sure you're a Senior Member, period ;D

Eric713

Kevin. Thanks for all the work you do for the Cruising Class.  We all appreciate it.

Stellar of Course

Kevin:

I have talked some TMCA cruiser into joining in our our Club Hnadicap races. One boat , Kokopelli, enterd the information but has not seen a Handicap number yet. When you get a chance could you check to see if they got everything entered right and generate a rating number.

They plan to race with us on Saturday.

Thanks for setting up the Club Handicap system, we keep getting more boats racing each week.

Ron E

Stellar of Course

Kevin:

Wow eithe ryour real fast or I missed seeing that Kokopelli was already listed on the Club Handicap sheet.

Thanks again.

Ron E

Kevin Box

Ron,

I'm not that fast.  Plus, it takes a while to get the chicken for the rating ceremony.  Great to see new people are racing and having fun.

Bee

I would like to know how you trained that chicken to do such complex calculations.  Its amazing that it got a 59 for Shaken not Stirred.  That is really hilarious.

Kevin Box

The chicken is used only for the initial rating "ceremony".  For the weekly rating calculations we use the world's fastest known supercomputer in China.  I'm hoping that honor will move back to the USA next year, which will cut down on travel costs and, hopefully, increase accuracy ;)

Eric713

Bee

Panorama Technologies has applications running on the Chinese Super Computer.  I hope we are not interfering with the extreme level of computational resources required to figure out the ratings.  I also have a laptop with the key element that makes the Chinese machine fast.  Maybe we can port the code, build an artificially intelligent chicken and dispense with the live ritual. Nah, my laptop would be way to slow for that.

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Bee on February 10, 2011, 09:17:22 PM
I would like to know how you trained that chicken to do such complex calculations.  Its amazing that it got a 59 for Shaken not Stirred.  That is really hilarious.
So funny I almost forgot to laugh.
2013 Commodore

Kevin Box

We have to use a real chicken because after he gives the rating, it's just so fun to yell "Winner Winner!  Chicken Dinner!"

Terry Young

That's just sounds so wrong. Poor chicken.

Eric713

I've heard of:
Sympathy For The Devil
Sympathy For The Turkey

but Sympathy For The Chicken?