Frostbite Regatta Wrapup

Started by Leigh Ann, February 27, 2011, 04:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

Okay  - yes I did turn a year older today and I am already forgetting stuff!!!

First - I did not thank my Race Committee at the awards, so here it is: Thank You John Lacy, Scott Lacy, Kevin Box, Kelly Dees, Lori Lacy, Gary Lacy, Tom Dilas on the Signal Boat and the mark set boat - Dwight Bengston and Brian Hawboldt. I congratulate you all for a great weekend.

Second - I did not have the Sunday daily prizes calculated for the awards ceremony, so they are below and if you see your boat name, I owe you a glass.

J105
1. Radiance
2. Infinity

PHRF Spin
1. Tres Hombres
2. Millennium Express

PHRF Non-Spin
1. Be Easy
2. Further
3. Sabani

GBCA Club Handicap
1. Chiron
2. Wandering Star

And the last thing... I did not enter the course distance correctly for the 4th race for the PHRF Non-Spin. The course distance was 6.08, not 5.33. This did not change the final results. Thank you Keith Gray for pointing out this error.

I believe that is all I have. Thank you everyone who particpated and I will see you at the Conundrum, March 19th and the Spring Regatta, March 26th. Why don't you go ahead and sign up!

Frostbite results are posted at
http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Leigh Ann

Quest

We had a great time.  A bit more wind than we wanted but thanks to all those that gave their time and effort both on and off the water to make this weekend a great time with friends.   Good racing and great parties!

Congrats to the winners and hopefully we'll see most everybody soon!

Sailaway

Sorry for not bringing the day's pictures to the club house so I am loading them up first.  I have then going in as I speak.  So until I get them in a set you can see at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos

and once I get into a set you can see at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

m/v Tramp - Great Race!  :)

Gladden

I left my instructions on the boat but was there not a 30 minute rule?  It did not seemthat any boats finnished w/in 30 minutes of Chiron on Sunday.
Thanks for your wk.
Greg Gladden

LizBiz

Leigh Ann

From the sailing instructions - the "30 minute rule" was not applicable to boats racing fixed mark courses.

12. Time Limit
The time limit for classes not using fixed marks shall be ninety minutes or thirty minutes after the first boat properly sails the course and finishes, whichever is earlier.

The time limit for classes using fixed marks shall be four hours.

Boats exceeding the time limit will be scored Did Not Finish.  This modifies RRS 35.

BJSailor

And, a big Thank You to John Butler.  John was our "on-call" Judge for the Frostbite - and that is a fact.  GBCA hasn't had a protest hearing for a couple of years, but we had one this past weekend.  It's a safe conclusion that John's experties and credentials were a benefit to all.  Thank you John!
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

ChrisK

Extra thanks to Dwight Bengston for providing a most ideal (read: big, fast, reliable and dry) markset that could handle the weather encountered.  
Let me tell you from experience, that's Huge with a capital H.
GBCA loves our friends with power boats! Thanks Dwight!

Tried to launch the GBCA Predator Drone on Sunday, but opted to sit it out and drink beer instead, as it was a steady 21 knots with gusts to 32 out of 170?-180? at the airport in Pearland.  I'm guessing it was a few bumps higher on Galveston Bay.

In other news (and huge thanks) John Lacy put up nearly 2,445 pictures this weekend.

Please help us pick out some of the favorites by posting here the pic #'s  

(It's ok if they're all of Stinger, Bee)  ;D
Past Commodore, 2010

gwittich

Thanks Leigh Ann and race committee - well organized, well run races!
Figaro crew got a little bruised (arms, legs, egos...) but we had a great time!

And thanks again to the Lacy's - great shots!
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro