Otra vez wins St Martin Heineken Regatta

Started by hayesrigging, March 06, 2011, 09:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayesrigging

Congrats to Bill Coates and crew on winning the Heineken Regatta today. Way to go!!!

Bee

Outstanding. 

I thought Stinger's crew was going to do this this year on a charter.  Not that we could have won.

Unfortunately, things don't always work out.   Maybe sometime before I give up the ghost.

JayZ

Quote from: hayesrigging on March 06, 2011, 09:04:52 PM
Congrats to Bill Coates and crew on winning the Heineken Regatta today. Way to go!!!

---Second that.  Congrats!
Jay Zittrer
s/v BANJO GIRL

bshores

Nice work guys, it looked like a light air affair this year.

BJSailor

I can't wait to hear the story about Race #3.  Every boat got a scoring "adjustment" (SCP)  except Otra Vez who got Redress (RDG).
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

hayesrigging

Basically all the boats rounded the wrong weather mark except Otra vez. They protested the entire class and two boats protested Otra vez. Otra vez won the protest and moved from second to first and they decided to add .5 PTS to the class.  Seems like if boats round the wrong mark that should be a dsq!!!  I'm sure there will be more discussion about this when the crew posts some info. 

ChrisK

Congrats! I heard there was a good number of GBCA members on board (including Bill), doing very well in a far away land!
Past Commodore, 2010

billC

With the exception of Beatrice on the bow, the entire crew was from Houston, Mike, Jay Lutz, Kevin Taylor, Brad Griffin, Dave Whelan, PK, Vince and Janet Ruder.  If you ever wonder about the quality of Texas sailors, Antilope, the GS 43 who we battled for 4 days, is a very well sailed boat that has won many major european regattas in the last year.  Bouwe Bekking of VOR fame was calling tactics.  This was a  true hammer and tongs contest that was not decided until the last race. 

Bil

Bee

Cool!

Big time congrats.

in my opinion you also won the better looking boat award.

Jeff K

Who wasn't on the vang?