GBCA Women's Regatta

Started by Leigh Ann, March 10, 2011, 05:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh Ann

The women's regatta is less than a month away - Time to start planning. The NOR can be found at:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html

Sailchick

Can we PLEASE show up the men and sign up EARLY!!!!  No waiting till the last minute girlz....that's not our style.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

DollFin

We don't mean to wait but we just need to be sure the new paint job on the Soling is ready to go back in the water! :D

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Jonsey

Corrie on a big boat?   What a shame.

It's on

Sailchick

Perhaps if you are a lady with experience at the helm or just have a sense of adventure - you can post here that you would love to race this weekend if you only had a boat.....and someone could volunteer their boat and crew?  It's a chance to go sailing in April when there is a wind and it's not blazingly hot.

Only 5 boats?  Let's fix that.

beverly

Hi Ladies, I'm in.  Sorry for my delay in signing up - I was off celebrating Walter's birthday.  It takes a long time to drink 52 bottles of wine. 

Any other takers for the non-spin class?  Or spin?  I've sent a note to the reigning Perpetual Trophy winner from 2010, Anne Lee, and I know she's not going to give up that trophy easily! 

Get your boats lined up now!  Chick on the stick, the rest of the crew is your choice.  Wednesday night about drink-thirty is a good time to see whose boats are available.  Register before midnight to get your reduced entry fee.

Jim Powers

Beverly,
Can we have the Whaler for markset?

Sailchick

Weather looking like a sporting good time......

let me start listing all of the women skippers.....

off the top of my head, Amy Gray, Anne Lee, Andrea Pola, Julie Goetschius, Emma Doss, Lucy Wozniak, Lizz Biss, Kathlyn Bez, Terry Gale, Jenni Rosthal, Melissa Denman, Heather McGagh, Karen Lewis, Janet Ruder, Bridgett David, Angie Zartler.....

I know there are others - get signed up ladies!!

ChrisA

I'm pretty sure I have a markset boat.

DollFin

:'( :'( :'( Unless the wind forecast drops off a bit, we won't be entering the Soling - I am majorly depressed.  :'( :'( :'(

713 408-0444

ChrisA

Karen, are you really going to let a little bit of wind get in the way of a really fun day?

DollFin

Chris, if we had a boat that was not 40+ years old and is held together with duct tape and bailing wire (not to mention that we literally just finished the new paint job), it would not be a problem - we just can't risk it on the bay in winds like they are predicting no matter WHO is driving.  :'(

713 408-0444

Sailchick

14 boats signed up and the wind supposed to blow 20!!  Can't wait!!

Sailchick

Okay, sailflow is starting to show 14 - 16 tomorrow.  I promised Brad we wouldn't hurt the boat, only ourselves. 

LizBiz

Quote from: Sailchick on April 07, 2011, 11:31:47 AM
14 boats signed up and the wind supposed to blow 20!!  Can't wait!!

In weather like that - common sense dictates we stay home.  In  lieu of common sense, I have foul weather gear.

Since Shelton isn't available, Beverly has kindly offered me a crew spot on the J40.  Woo hoo, big boat, big winds, big fun!!

~L