GBCA Women's Regatta

Started by Leigh Ann, March 10, 2011, 05:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

In my experience, Sail flow always gets it wrong.  Hold on to your hats ladies.  Oh, and BTW sail fast and drink slow.

DollFin

Quote from: LizBiz on April 08, 2011, 11:52:57 AM
Quote from: Sailchick on April 07, 2011, 11:31:47 AM
14 boats signed up and the wind supposed to blow 20!!  Can't wait!!

In weather like that - common sense dictates we stay home.  In  lieu of common sense, I have foul weather gear.

~L

Hey, that quote sounds familiar!!  ;D  Really wish we could have entered our boat, but darn that common sense - it would have been fun to have debuted our newly repainted Soling and I really, really wanted to test my driving skills again (Look out for the legally blind chick at the helm!). Really can't wait to have our own bigger PHRF boat for bay racing! We did catch a ride on Danelaw so we'll still be out there at least.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Sailaway

Still loading pic but a bunch are already out there.

Great sailing at a great place to race!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets

m/v Tramp   ;D

beverly

Thanks RC for the course selection, marksets, temperature, breeze, pictures, etc - great job as usual.  And thanks to Commodore Jim and our men of GBCA for opening up the club, setting up the bar, cooking, cleaning, and closing up.  And if anyone needs a florist, contact Kathy Rodgers  :)

Sailchick

+1

Thank you race committee and markset boat and all the men of GBCA for hooking us up with a great regatta! 

Here's to the women's regatta in April!!

GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

Jonsey

plus 2.

Galveston bay is a 3.5 hour drive for us, but you guys and gals never disappoint.   You delivered great booze, strong breeze, excellent race management, more booze and now the usual host of super pictures

Props to Corrie and her band of merry men, well done.   And special mention to Ben, Jody and Lucey who put on a viper clinic.   Very well done girls ( and Ben)

Can't wait to come back down!!!

dilast1

Thanks to the race commity for the race and
lacy for the photo's.

Tom

Kevin Bednar

I just want to give a shout out to Stinger's Woman at the Helm Judith Chang.  This wasn't only her first regatta at the helm, it was literally the first time she'd been on a yacht during a race.  I can't say that I'm surprised that we didn't place since we've got so many damn good local women sailors but I'm proud to have been part of Judith's first regatta.  My first regatta at the helm didn't go as well and I'd been sailing for years...

Trink

Take a look at Judith's smile!
http://www.pbase.com/gtrinklein/image/133884405

One of several pictures in this gallery that I took before my fellow crew members made me put the camera away.
http://www.pbase.com/gtrinklein/gbca2011womens

S/V Toccata

Kevin Bednar

Hahah!  Great shot Gary, she looks like she owns the boat.

LizBiz

Quote from: DollFin on April 08, 2011, 04:18:48 PM
Quote from: LizBiz on April 08, 2011, 11:52:57 AM
Quote from: Sailchick on April 07, 2011, 11:31:47 AM
14 boats signed up and the wind supposed to blow 20!!  Can't wait!!

In weather like that - common sense dictates we stay home.  In  lieu of common sense, I have foul weather gear.

~L

Hey, that quote sounds familiar!!  ;D  Really wish we could have entered our boat, but darn that common sense - it would have been fun to have debuted our newly repainted Soling and I really, really wanted to test my driving skills again (Look out for the legally blind chick at the helm!). Really can't wait to have our own bigger PHRF boat for bay racing! We did catch a ride on Danelaw so we'll still be out there at least.

My dear sainted mither always said, "A good remark bears repeating."

I knew I had swiped it from someone - I just couldn't remember who.  Thank you!  I love it.

Liz

MCA #7066 - Got Rum?

DollFin

You're quite welcome - David said it one morning before one of the Icicle races and it was too good not to post. :)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444