Spring Fling Regatta

Started by Stellar of Course, March 16, 2011, 08:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stellar of Course

TMCA is involved in the upcoming Spring Fling in Freeport this May. I got the e-mail below from Doug Payne who is chairing this event. I told Doug I would ask around at GBCA to see if anyone is willing to help with this race to Freeport. I do enjoy racing but not sure I am ready to start a race as race committee. Anyone intersted? Please contact Doug Payne.

Ron:

We have decided to partner with the Brazosport Yacht club to put on a jetty to jetty race the Friday of   Spring Fling Weekend. They are handling the whole thing and we are trying to distance ourselves from it from a liability standpoint. However, they have asked for one thing, volunteers to execute the launch off Galveston. Knowing you at least have a little racer in your blood, would you be interested in leading this? I would think knowledge of racing rules would be important. If not, do you have any suggestions from the club who have the experience? I can put you in touch with Fred Cordes their commodore if you have any questions.

Best,

Douglas M. Payne

Event Chairman

Spring Fling - 2011 Freeport Rendezvous

dougpayne48@gmail.com

281-309-8995

www.tmca.nu

Kevin Box

Ron,

Let's talk at the Conundrum after-party.  I bet we can figure out something.

Stellar of Course

Kevin:

Thanks, I will you after the race

Ron