2011 GBCA Single/Mixed Regatta

Started by STuma, April 11, 2011, 03:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

Is there going to be more than Spin & Non-Spin?  How many boats is required for a class?  Which 22's are sailing either?

Thanks~
Tuma
cheers...
Scott

Charles

Quote from: STuma on April 11, 2011, 03:55:01 PM
Is there going to be more than Spin & Non-Spin?  How many boats is required for a class?  Which 22's are sailing either?

Thanks~
Tuma
I'm racing my C22 in the singles.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

dilast1

If I get my PHRF cert I will enter the race in my Santana

Tom

beverly

So,.....exactly how many boats do we think will sign up on Wednesday night?  I'm ordering trophies on Monday.  Your early rather than later registration is appreciated  ;)  And no Shaken won't be participating this year - so the middle/back/tail end of the fleet finish spot is up for grabs! 

Good luck Racers!  And even better luck to you cruisers  ;D

Eric713

We're thinking about doing the mixed thing on Sunday.  Two boats have signed up for the Club Handicap Fleet.  They signed up using their PHRF non-spin rating rather then their club handicap rating. Kevin normally oversees this fleet but I don't think he is available at present.  Any feedback would be appreciated.. THANKS!

ChrisK

btw: If you need a PHRF cert try Jennifer Glass at HYC.

She has been helpful with my request in switching ownership on my old boat.

You can use the good old fashion telephone and leave a voice mail.
(281) 471-1255
It's an HYC phone number so you called the right place, in case you are wondering.  She helps maintain the certificates.

Also try the PHRFGB e-mail
info@phrfgb.com

Found at the PHRF-GB Website
Past Commodore, 2010

Jim Powers

Quote from: Eric713 on May 09, 2011, 04:51:38 PM
We're thinking about doing the mixed thing on Sunday.  Two boats have signed up for the Club Handicap Fleet.  They signed up using their PHRF non-spin rating rather then their club handicap rating. Kevin normally oversees this fleet but I don't think he is available at present.  Any feedback would be appreciated.. THANKS!

Ed,

I'm the PRO for the Single/Mixed Regatta. The NOR says three to make a class, so if three boats sign up for the Club Handicap, you will have a class.  For boats that have entered the GBCA Club Handicap Class, I will use the rating Kevin Box has assigned to boats in the Class, which is found here:http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2. I won't use the PHRF rating.

If the two boats currently entered in the Club Handicap class are the only boats entered as of the start of the Competitors' Briefing, I will give them the option of joining the non-spin class, assuming they are eligible, or refunding their entry fee.

Make sense?

Jim

Evan

Jim,

I did my part on registering early like everyone requests, problem is I did it a little too early and now it's not possible for me to make it. I couldn't figure out how to remove my registration so please consider my name on there as a DNP (did not pay!). See y'all next time.

Evan

Eric713

Thanks Jim.  Makes perfect sense to me..

STuma

Quote from: Jim Powers on May 09, 2011, 10:14:37 PM

Ed,

I'm the PRO for the Single/Mixed Regatta. The NOR says three to make a class, so if three boats sign up for the Club Handicap, you will have a class.  For boats that have entered the GBCA Club Handicap Class, I will use the rating Kevin Box has assigned to boats in the Class, which is found here:http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2. I won't use the PHRF rating.

If the two boats currently entered in the Club Handicap class are the only boats entered as of the start of the Competitors' Briefing, I will give them the option of joining the non-spin class, assuming they are eligible, or refunding their entry fee.

Make sense?

Jim

Jim,

I am changing my boat from the J/22, "Bling" to the J/80, "Cluster".

Spinnaker for Single and Mixed.

cheers...
Scott

Jim Powers

Jim Powers

Quote from: STuma on May 11, 2011, 11:37:42 AM

Ed,

Make sense?

Jim

Jim,

Done

STuma

Quote from: Jim Powers on May 11, 2011, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: STuma on May 11, 2011, 11:37:42 AM

Ed,

Make sense?

Jim

Jim,

Done

Thank you.  One thing, just because someone will mention it, "Cluster" is a J80 instead of a J22.  The rating is correct, it might confuse someone.

See you guys Friday night.
cheers...
Scott

ChrisK

You could not ask for a better weather forecast.

I could not resist. Signed up for the Singlehanded!

20 boats so far, double handed has 24! Sweet.
Past Commodore, 2010

DuaneB

If the Mixed Doubles is aka the 'Divorce Cup' maybe the Single Handed should be known as the 'Crew Appreciation Regatta'.  Can somebody hand me a cold beer?
Duane Bez