HYC Road to Rolex Clinic - J/22 - Aug 29/30

Started by beverly, July 15, 2009, 12:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beverly

Sent to me by Anne Lee, here's the details.  This would be a great follow up to those that attended our recent intro to racing seminar.  Let's support this, and maybe round up some additional entries for the GBCA Women's Regatta.  What a great time to apply those recently learned skills!

Please add to your notices that HYC is hosting a ?Road to Rolex? clinic in J22s on Aug. 29 & 30.  Terry Flynn is our coach.   This is in preparation for the RIWKC in Rochester N.Y. in October.  The clinic is partially supported by US Sailing.  However you do not have to be participating in the RIWKC to attend the clinic.

Terry is  a wonderful coach, and coached the local gals who sailed in the last RIWKC in Houston.  He covers starting, sail trim, boat handling, tactics & more!   Whether you are a J22, J80, or PHRF racer, you will definitely gain from this. The clinic will be videoed. 

The clinic will be limited to 9 or 10 boats.  Some gals from Dallas, Austin & possibility Oklahoma may want to join us.  So early registration will be a good idea.  We expect to open registration next week.  I?m not sure of the entry fee or form of registration just now ? will publish this a.s.a.p.

Any more questions ? Call me @ 832 250 3387, or email annlan@comcast.net  Also Marie Wise, sailmom@gmail.com

Thanks, Anne Lee

beverly

Here's a reminder about the Road to Rolex Clinic.  Anne Lee has an NOR so please contact her for your registration information, or post a reply here on our discussion board and I'll send it over to ya.  Deadline for entries is August 21st.

Questions to Anne Lee 832 250 3387, email annlan@comcast.net, or to Marie Wise sailmom@gmail.com

ChrisK

I've uploaded HYC's entry form, see attachment.

Hopefully more J22 owners in the area will have their boats participate in this event.

This is a great opportunity to up your game
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Update: Spots for only 3 more J22's, as of this afternoon.
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Registration for Road to Rolex ends today, tho you could probably sweet talk Ann Lee or Marie...
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Talk of the HYC j22s splashing Friday to go for a 'shakedown' evening sail. 

7 boats registered. Including a team from Florida, which will be in Friday and sound eager to get max water time.

I'm sure after this weekend's Road to Rolex, participants will be ready to sign up for the
GBCA Woman's Regatta and Luau
Sept 12th to show off those new racing skills...
http://regattanetwork.com/clubs/gbca.html
Past Commodore, 2010

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010