2011 GBCA Rum Race #5 (8/13)

Started by ChrisK, August 10, 2011, 06:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Finish time was 7:48 for RR#5 s/v Meris, a Com-pac 32 cruising catamaran (no sail number, yet)

The proud new owners fired up the grill on leg two in true GBCA Club Handicap Cruising Class fashion. I've got to admit, they looked pretty comfortable.

I also reminded the Keevers to fly their safety orange flag! Look for the cruising cat for RR#6...
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

I saw that Cat. Couldn't figure out what it was.  It did look comfortable though!  Welcome aboard folks.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Kevin Box

GBCA Cruising Class ratings were updated yesterday.  Meris was added today and adjusted based on RR-5 performance.  All ratings in the usual place:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

Welcome Class Member #41!

Eric713

Welcome S/V Meris.  You all sure looked comfortable last week.  Please show up at the party afterwards and make yourselves known!
Will the members utilizing this website please refer to us as Cruising Class.  We don't fly blue and white tags on our backstays!!

Bee

Nothing like this in the rest of the world.  That dad  burned super chicken is capable of handicapping a CAT!  More boats, more crew, more FUN!

GBCA Rocks.

Brantly Minor

Other Woman registered, or attempted to register, for the series via message to Kevin Box for Race #1.  We were disqualified in that race for not displaying an Orange Flag.  We like to follow the rules, so Little Bit should find me tonight and I will gladly give him his bottle of rum, at least what's left of it!!!

Brantly Minor

Other Woman will race Club Handicap with Sail No. 1, however it is only on the jib.  The number 400 appears on the main.

Looking forward to another fun race with everyone.

Kevin Box

Please register here: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_club_events.php?CLUB_ID=162

I totally remember you sending me the message and I thought I replied with the registration link.  If not, I guess I'll owe you one!

Terry Young

So will Other Woman be scored for race #5 ?

Kevin Box

No.  Other Woman sent me a message at the first of the season and I asked them to go ahead and register, but apparently they had trouble doing so.  I say if I am to blame for not making things clear, then I owe them a bottle of rum.  Owing bottles of rum is not a bad thing.  It keeps the "Great Circle of Life" in motion.