44 Boats and still counting!

Started by BoomerangJ, October 26, 2011, 05:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoomerangJ

3 more days until regatta time!  Today is the official entry deadline so help out the committee that's putting your skipper bags together and sign up today! 

Can we hit 50?  It will only take 6 more boats to get there!

Thanks for all the e-mails and, text messages, and words of support yesterday!  It meant a lot and I will be sure and share with all the people working hard to make it a fun event!

Kelly/Tonja-I will get the bales of STRAW somewhere!  Looking forward to the J/24 game night!  It will be fun to see what us competitive sailor types can do playing the games that the J/24's are bringing! 

Wish I could get someone from LYC to post a picture of the saturday night dinner!  Dwight?  We asked for something new and creative and the Lakewood kitchen delivered! 

I've heard the band is great!  Sail hard and enjoy the party-See you this weekend!

BoomerangJ

48 Boats!  15 J/80's!!!!, 14 J/24's!! and 9 J/22's.

Way to go! 

Bee

And we should have had 9 or 10 J105's.

Anyway this is fabulous.

Charles

Quote from: BoomerangJ on October 26, 2011, 01:50:39 PM
48 Boats!  15 J/80's!!!!, 14 J/24's!! and 9 J/22's.

Way to go! 

50 now!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Cool.  I see that the beer grinder has indeed shown up.

I am impressed with this. With 4 109's, 2 120's, and some 29's and at least one 35 on the sidelines we could easily have approached 60.

Nevertheless 50 J's on the line is fabulous.

This is going to be a fabulous yearly event.

Charles

Lots of boats, great RC, good food and drink.   Now, hope for a little more breeze than predicted.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

DwightB

Results link:  http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_regatta_results.php?regatta_id=4019

A big 'Thank You' to the competitors and volunteers. The breeze on Sunday was a nice surprise, given the forecast.... Good times!

- Dwight

LizBiz

Quote from: DwightB on October 27, 2011, 09:36:10 AM
Dinner!

Don't know who to thank, so I'll tell you Dwight.  That's was the best regatta dinner I've had at Lakewood or anywhere else.  Please do it again....  and again...

LizBiz

grind4beers social secretary, snacktician and double-handed grinder (yes, I do have to use both hands!)

Bee

I concur on the food. 

Racing was great, food was great, and I drank tooooooo much.

A goodly time was had by all.

BoomerangJ

The LYC J/Fest committee did an outstanding job!  As any of you that have chaired, or volunteered for a regatta there are countless hours put in by a LOT of people!  Just the race committee alone had over 40 volunteer's and the land based staff was just as many.  They all worked hard and put on a great event to make sure the sailors had a great time!  and they did!  Thanks LYC!

The food was over the top and I have requested that we patent that menu as the annual J/Fest dinner.  It was incredible! 

Great times!  Thanks to all that made it possible-both volunteer's and sailors!  Already looking forward to next year!