2012 Icicle Race Instructions

Started by Eric713, December 08, 2011, 05:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

PDF version of SI's have been uploaded to home page for GBCA.  Check the link there.

Mahalo nui loa

Terry Young

I wonder if the will be any ice on the boats for 2012 Icicle series, like there was in 2011? First time I ever slipped on ice when I stepped on my boat. I was born in the south and I don?t like the cold. Was any else in the 2011 boat parade other than me from the GBCA?

KATANA

DollFin

I remember pulling solid sheets of ice about an inch thick out of the Soling last year.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Kevin Box

I'm not sure if this technology is worthwhile but...

Bee

Grind4Beer

There was one Icicle race, either last year or the year  before, where the entire keelstub/sump was full and frozen solid.

And it was still frozen the next day ...  :o ...

Should I havedeclared that as ballast to PHRF-GB?

Bee

Indeed you should have.  I understand that under the proper political conditions one get seconds for an AC.  I should think that ice in the sum would qualify as an AC.

Charles

Naw. The ice is considered a consumable... for the rum drinks!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

Darn.  I was about to go and fill Stinger up with water.

Stellar of Course

We hope to be able fly our spinnaker this year in the Icicle series, Finally got the pole and gear set up and now the learning curve begins.
A few questions:

Can you fly a spinnaker in the club handicap fleet?
If so does the handicap number change?

If we will get a new rating I please let me know so we can race next Saturday.

Or, if I need to race in PHRF Spin class let me know and what my rating would be.

I look forward to racing the icicle series again this year.

Ron Eddleman

Kevin Box

If you are already rated in the GBCA Cruising Class, like Ron and decide you want to try spinnaker, whip it out.  Your rating will change depending on its effectiveness.  Just ask Caldwell ;)

If you want to race in PHRF spin class, then you'll need a current rating from PHRFGB.  Good luck!

LizBiz

Quote from: Kevin Box on December 18, 2011, 07:35:18 PM
I'm not sure if this technology is worthwhile but...

Admittedly I'm a bit of a techno geek, so I think it's really cool. You certainly could add it to the standard registration process.

LizBiz
SilverBullet's Grinder

Terry Young

Ron welcome to the kite club! See on the water. "KATANA"

tprewett

Hey guys, wanted to know if the J mark from the Rum Races is the same as the H mark for Icicles.

-Travis

Bee

It is not.  The H mark is almost due East of Markers 1 and 2 at the end of the Kemah channel.