The old Crew List is still available

Started by KevinBednar, June 17, 2009, 02:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinBednar

The old crew list is still available for a short time during our transition to this new forum so that you can cut and paste your old posts from there over here if you're still interested..

http://www.gbca.org/interactive/crew.php3

The old Crew List will be removed at a later time.

Christopher

Can not wait for the new crew list and it's functionality.  Seeing the new forum, gives high hopes.
Suggest flushing anything older than 6 months from the old list.  Some, if not many of the old contact phone numbers or emails are non-working.  The rest are already committed crew.
Mahalo nui loa

KevinBednar

Hey Chris, I think I may need to create a sticky top post on the subject.

This IS the new crew list.  The idea is that you post what you're looking for such as "Millenium Express looking to fill a few spots for the Heald Bank" etc.  You can include whatever contact info you feel like including or just suggest that interested parties join the forum and use the private messaging feature to contact you.  That way you don't have to post a phone number on a public forum if you don't want to.  You can also chat with each other right here on the forum..

An added bonus is that older posts will simply disappear onto the back pages and there won't be any need to scan through dozens of posts.

Anyone who has an entry on the OLD crew finder that they'd like to see here should move it themselves, that way they can format it however they want and add any info they feel is needed.

Does that sound to you like it will work, or do you think we're barking up the wrong tree?

Christopher

Gotcha.
I just didn't want the old list transfered over.
Thanks
Mahalo nui loa

KevinBednar

Oh, I gotcha.

I'm kind of exited about this as well.  It gives people a bunch of good options for how to put a crew together that the old list didn't and hopefully we'll see some newbie folks and boats checking in here.

ChrisK

I e-mailed the first 25 or so on the old list the new discussion board link...in hopes they'll repost here.
Past Commodore, 2010

BJSailor

Good job Kevin.  This keeps the crew list current and applicable to the audience.  This should work a lot better than an "I want to crew" or "I need crew" post from hanging around beyond currency.  Nice - keep the thread/forum current!!!
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

BJSailor

There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

KevinBednar

Quote from: BJSailor on June 22, 2009, 09:07:35 PM
Good job Kevin.  This keeps the crew list current and applicable to the audience.  This should work a lot better than an "I want to crew" or "I need crew" post from hanging around beyond currency.  Nice - keep the thread/forum current!!!

Thanks Brian,

I like the fact that people can start a thread stating exactly what they need and people can reply in the thread or contact the poster privately.

Heck, I was able to land one more for the Heald the week of the race and look how that's turned out..   ;D

The proof is in the pudding I always say.  Although on Stinger the Proof is often in the jello shots.

Bee

You had jello shots on the Heald?  I knew I should have come back on Friday.

KevinBednar

Actually what we needed was jello made with NoDoz.

Bee

Now that I think about it I could have gone into one of those Canabis Cafe's and brought back a whole bunch of junque.

KevinBednar

And I'd have to post here in the Crew Finder;

"Stinger seeking one more for Leukemia.  Bee is in jail."