Chili Chase

Started by Stellar of Course, November 27, 2019, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stellar of Course

I went online to register for the Chili Chase regatta this morning and saw that the only option was for a late fee. The NOR states late fees will be charged after Nov 29. I think we may have a error somewhere.

Ron E

STuma

It has been corrected and late fees have been waived for this event.

Still time for registration....
cheers...
Scott

Rmiller1

By what time do chili entries need to be at the clubhouse?

Rmiller1

Also- I know it's a lot to ask on short notice, but the NOR says "1 long or 2 shorter" races. Would it be possible to do 2 races for the PHRF Spin fleet- one distance, and one windward/leeward? The fleet looks like it's going to have some huge variety in terms of boat designs and it would be pretty cool to do a mixed series.

If that doesn't work for this regatta (and it probably won't), it might be fun to try next season.

DollFin

I believe the chili needs to be there by 4-4:30 PM. At least that's what time the judges are supposed to be there.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

STuma

Quote from: Rmiller1 on December 05, 2019, 10:18:46 AM
Also- I know it's a lot to ask on short notice, but the NOR says "1 long or 2 shorter" races. Would it be possible to do 2 races for the PHRF Spin fleet- one distance, and one windward/leeward? The fleet looks like it's going to have some huge variety in terms of boat designs and it would be pretty cool to do a mixed series.

If that doesn't work for this regatta (and it probably won't), it might be fun to try next season.

I appreciate your ideas and enthusiasm. Having a W/L course does not fall with the style and culture of this event.  As discussed in the annual meeting, I plan to ramp up Performance Cup and implement a few different ideas that have been bouncing around for a few years. One idea is to have a short Fall series that leads into Chili Chase...

I would be interested in sitting down with you for a lunch to discuss your ideas for next year and how we can get more J-24s out.
cheers...
Scott

Rmiller1

Quote from: STuma on December 10, 2019, 07:59:23 AM
I would be interested in sitting down with you for a lunch to discuss your ideas for next year and how we can get more J-24s out.

I'd be happy to. I'll PM you my phone number and we can find a day. I expect you'll see us out more this year just by virtue of the fact that there are actually more of us active this year. We have 3 confirmed for the Icicle Races, and might get more to show up. We have enough boats and crews to get 8-9 out there by the end of the year.