#2     June 9     Reverse
#3     June 16   Standard
#4     July 7      Reverse
#5     July 14    Standard
#6     Aug 4      Reverse
#7     Aug 18    Standard
#8     Sept 8     Reverse

Club Handicap (Orange) Fleet
Registration: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_club_events.php?CLUB_ID=162
Ratings: http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

GBCA will be holding its Basic Racing Seminar before the first race on June 2nd.  Tell your friends.

Registration is available: https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_club_events.php?CLUB_ID=162

We will be looking for volunteers to take new people with you on your boat, or for volunteers to go with new skippers on their boat.  Let me know that you can help.

Thanks
Mahalo nui loa

gwittich

We would be glad to take someone along on Figaro.
GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Christopher

I'm still looking for a few more volunteers after this weekends seminar:
- boats to take seminar participant crew along with you to teach racing
- knowledgable sailors that can go with seminar participant skippers on their boat to teach racing and help them around the course

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisK

Excellent. 40 signed up. New sailors, new boats. Be sure to welcome the new faces at the clubhouse tonight, they could be your future competition!
I can take two crew
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Thank god we wound up with one.  Doing the 110 with 3 might have been just a bit much. Bill was absolutely spectacular.  We let him run the main ( I of course bitched at him the entire time to make sure he got the proper treatment), and he did a super job, we let him DRIVE! under the big kite and as Kevin said did a better job the the OLD PHART.

Methinks the "newbies" are a bit better then we give them credit for. 

This is a great program.  We definitely need to keep it going.  More of us old salts need to allow our boats to be part of the parade.

Bee

Oops.  I forgot to say that  Chris did a fabulous job presenting the Basic Sailing Concepts, Walter did a wonderful job of chiming in at the proper time, and I think everyone enjoyed all of it.  I had a blast!

CHull

Scott,
If you would like to discuss using Bondi Tram as a boat for the more advanced, "newbies", give me a call.  Might be an interesting experinece for those that want to do some learning on a bit more one-off type boat.  And I would like to see the boat sailing.

ChrisK

Alot of new faces in the clubhouse yesterday. A full house with 40+ people. Chris did a great job. It's not easy to coordinate all those folks with boats.
The Intro course should be bringing in some new boats!

btw our guest crew, JJ did a great job.

As for the racing, RR#1 was a fine evening. I would say another 60 boats or so. Good breeze and wonderful moon.

Next week is RR#2, clockwise!

Past Commodore, 2010

Stellar of Course

Great start for 2012 Rum Racing
Stellar of Course finished at 7:41:17. 

Ron E

gwittich

Figaro finished at 19:38:00
GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Terry Young

KATANA was 07:33:40. When will the final results be posted. It appeared that some boats were not flying there class flag, it makes it hard to tell who you are racing against, or not and even harder if you are doing the scoring. SI are - ?Yachts racing in the Rum Series shall clearly display their class flag(s) from the backstay or other prominent visible position on the stern of the yacht throughout the race?. I was fouled by one boat that I gave way to, to avoid hitting them, and found out later that he was in my class, and scored, which took me out of the numbers, and was not even registered.

Eric713

I believe Leading Edge was scored.   I don't think that boat was in the cruising class.  It is not registered in the Club Handicap Fleet and has participated in the PHRF Spin Class in the past. I intend to bring a copy of the Club Handicap Registrants to use as a reference after the races to hopefully alleviate the confusion. Can't hurt..right?

SeaGypsy

Sea Gypsy finished Race #1 at 19:51:33.  Great wind and a good race.

CJ

SeaGypsy

Sea Gypsy finished at 17:51:33.  Thanks,  Bill Jenko