Bay Cup II August 11

Started by gwittich, July 10, 2012, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwittich

We plan to take this race again to Trinity Bay.
There will be a short leg in Galveston Bay (approximately 2 Nm) and a longer, multi leg course in Trinity Bay.
In Compliance with Coast Guard regulation, the fleet will cross the Houston Ship Channel in non-racing mode.
Bob Hunkins and crew will take times at marker "5" of the South Boaters Cut, west of the HSC, and Chris Dees and crew will take times at marker "1", east of the HSC.
Racers will be encouraged to cross the channel under power and to stay within the South Boaters Cut.
Engines must be cut passed markers "3 and 4" in preparation for resuming the race.
This crossing needs to be completed within a time window of 30 minutes.
The finishing line will be in Trinity Bay, near South Cut marker "1".
The elapsed times of the Galveston Bay component and the Trinity Bay component of the race will be combined for scoring of a single race.
Early sign ups facilitate planning for trophies and are greatly appreciated!
Gerhard Wittich
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

DollFin

We've been trying to submit our waivers but every time we try, it keeps saying that "registration is not open at this time". I assume it is a technical glitch and just wanted to let you know.

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Christopher

Entry deadline was Aug. 8th at 2100 hours.
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Regardless of the deadline, one should still be able to submit crew waivers.

DollFin

Right, Bee. I know we've been able to submit them after the entry deadline for other races.

713 408-0444

DollFin

OK, it is working now so we were able to submit them. Thanks!

713 408-0444

ChrisK

Fun race. Fairly decent turnout.
Not alot of wind at the start but things got moving once on the Trinity side.
Gerhardt was very complementary of the GBCA "powerhouse" racers at the awards, who hauled in alot of crystal and rum.
Bee, did you have the Kattick running?
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Kattack was running.  I should be able to get something up this afternoon.

Bee

I have published what there is of the boat tracks from the Bay Cup II here

http://www.kattack.com/webplayer/?raceGUID=ed9639d3-86b5-45cc-a439-3407b776268e

As you will see there are three boats that appear to have their trackers on

1. Hamburg who actually never moves.  Now we know why he is soooooooooooooo fast.  He starts and finishes in the same spot so fast you cannot seem him move.
2. Stinger who disappears into never land just before reaching the second start.  Now we know why Bee is such a grumpy guy.  Probably had to use the head at just that moment.
3. Good old Shaken Not Stirred who actually is the on only boat to finish the race.  They must have had the shaker on.

Now I am really confused.  I will check with the Kattack folk and see if I can figure out what is going on, but you can bet I am grumpy.

Hamburger

yeah, Bee, it's the ol' tortoise and hare story! There's another Hamburg at the dock at LYC. I never move it, just take the covers off in the morning. At least that's what the tracker says.

Let's try it again for the rum race this weekend.

ChrisK

I had to play that first leg at 150x speed to keep from falling asleep  :D

I guess with the electrical gremlins, it's proof again that "The world ends at Redfish".
Had a fun time on "Shaken" as usual!  The G dock golden fender winner 

Past Commodore, 2010