Rum Race #7

Started by Stellar of Course, August 19, 2012, 02:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stellar of Course

Stellar of Course finish time was  20:06:57

Deckhand

Another wonderful day on the Bay! Here are the pictures I took yesterday from Tramp. The pictures did not come out well at the end of the race. The camera just would not focus in the low light ( that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;D). http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157631151730618/ 
Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014

ChrisK

Great pics! That third leg to finish was really surreal with the clouds (and thankfully distant) lightning.  The cheering sections from the two power boats at the first mark (The Lamberts and the crew of Revolution) were pretty darn cool also. We counted something like 45 boats, despite some threating weather early in the day.
Thanks Alan for the food, RC, the Lacy Bros for the pics and the rest of the GBCA volunteers/wonderteam who make it happen!
Only one more Rum Race  :(
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Who is C2D on Kattack?

Terry Young

Many thanks to the race committee and all those that helped on RR # 7. The wind was fluky, but for most the time there was wind at least, and the food at the club house was great.  My motor died on the way out in the creek and FIGARO gave me a tow to the line, and DOLCETTO gave us a tow from the creek to the slip, and TRAMP was ready to help if needed as well! By midnight that same night, I fix the fuel problem and KATANA was running well again. Many thanks again to FIGARO, DOLCETTO and TRAMP, what great bunch of sailors, and great cub(GBCA) for bring us all together.  ?KATANA?

(And yes I do have Tow-boat US but it  always is good to be towed by a friend)