Women's Regatta - Sept. 15th

Started by Christopher, August 14, 2012, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Women at the helm yacht racing - commonly referred to as the "Chick-on-a-Stick" Regatta.

Windward-leeward buoys, fixed marks or a combination of both; located in Galveston Bay bounded by the Bayport Ship Channel, the Houston Ship Channel and the shoreline between Red Bluff and San Leon. For each race in the Regatta, each boat competing shall be helmed by a female from the warning signal for her class until she has finished.

Ladies, here's your chance to order the crew about on your way to victory!

Awards and Party at the GBCA club house following racing.

NOR: Link

View Registrants: Link
Mahalo nui loa

Sailchick

I'm signed up!!  C'mon Ladies!  Let's show these guys what it looks like to sign up for a regatta in a timely manner!!

This is women at the helm.  You can bring men (if you want) and costumes are, as always, encouraged.
GBCA Past Past Commodore 2013

beverly

Calling all Skipper-ette's.....for those of you ladies that haven't registered yet for the upcoming GBCA Women's Regatta, now's the time.  No need to wait until next week.  The weather will be hot, with light to moderate winds.  The food back at the club will be delicious and the drinks will be cold, all served by the great men of GBCA.  Who's going to have their name on the perpetual seahorses?  And equally important - who's going to win the party??? ;D

beverly

Wow, this is going to be easy to get trophies....we're looking at one, maybe two....C'MON gals???  Seriously would you like to see an etched vase with flowers, a usual plaque kind-of trophy, a pink cockpit sized cooler with a metal plaque on it, placeholders for the day and stitched tote bags delivered later?  Your call.  Sign up.  You know you wanna race. 8)

beverly

I'll just keep popping out little notes just to keep this at the top of the discussion page.  Weather looks to be GREAT this weekend.  Boats are available.  Crew spots are filling fast.  A great party is in the final planning stages.  Now all we need are more entries.  Ladies?

Sailchick

I've decided to take the week off and head out of town for a few days to mentally prepare myself to beat up on Corrie and Beverly this weekend.  Looking forward to Saturday and thank you Bee for letting me borrow Stinger!!!

Bee

Your welcome.  Now just don't beat up on Stinger.

Bee

Ok, I was a bit nasty.  Just go out and do your best Jody.

BJSailor

1)  Be Safe
2)  Have Fun
3)  Do Well

Larry Kevan Doctrine
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Sailchick

Also good....

1. Shut up
2. Sheet In
3. Hike Out

beverly

WooHoo!  It's almost the weekend!  Can't wait to see all the gals out there this weekend, with smiles as wide as our transoms as we dial up for the starts.   Thanks in advance for everyone that's loaning boats, crewing, giving moral support, working on RC, and preparing for the after-race-party.  We appreciate it! 

And Jody....it's on!   :D

Sailchick

Diana Strickler - are you sure you're not taking Leading Edge (the 109?)  Because if you do --- we will have ANOTHER one design class!!!!

Christopher

Quote from: Sailchick on September 13, 2012, 07:38:56 AM
Diana Strickler - are you sure you're not taking Leading Edge (the 109?)  Because if you do --- we will have ANOTHER one design class!!!!

Tried that one already - no dice.  They are going with the red boat.

We have 6 classes formed:
- J/24
- J/80
- J/105
- PHRF Spinnaker
- PHRF Non-Spinnaker
- Club Handicap
3 boats each, going 1 deep on trophies.

Andrea needs to get 2 more Vipers to form that class, or else she is up against  :o  2 J/109's and a J/27.
Mahalo nui loa

ShakenNotStirred

2013 Commodore

Sailchick

Pat Gibson?  Jeff Jones?  Farley?  Robby?  Drake?  Where are all the Vipers?