Gentlemen's Triathalon - Sept. 8

Started by ShakenNotStirred, August 23, 2012, 03:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShakenNotStirred

I'm considering organizing a "Triathalon" for September 8th. This team sporting event will consist of:
1. Golf tournament
2. Regatta
3. Poker tournament
... all in one day.

The teams will consist of four people. We'll play golf in the morning, have lunch at the Classic, sail in the rum race, and play poker after the rum race.  The cost will cover the golf, lunch, and maybe some prize money.  Winner take all.  The "regatta" portion will coincide with the rum race, so you will still be competing in the rum race.  Only caveat would be you need to have all the golfers on the boat.
I'll need to get this rolling very soon if we're going to do it, so...
Who's interested?
2013 Commodore

Bee

Sounds cool, but I havn't played Cow Pasture Pool since I was in my 20's and that was indeed a long time ago.

BJSailor

Quote from: Bee on August 23, 2012, 04:23:21 PM
Sounds cool, but I havn't played Cow Pasture Pool since I was in my 20's and that was indeed a long time ago.
Was that back when they were stuffing feathers into old  little wrinkled leather balls? 
Speakin' of old little wrinkled leather balls, how's it hangin' Bee:-)

You don't have to be a good golfer - you just need a team of good golfers.

We used to have a similar regatta on Lake Dillon.  Sail on Saturday and Sunday, ski at Keystone Saturday night.  On J/24's you had to use the same team of 5 all weekend.  Loads of fun!

Great idea to try and pull this together.  Good luck - I hope it comes off!!!

There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

I'll let you kiss 'em Brian and then you can see.

BJSailor

Uh, well, whatever.

You ought to think about getting a few golfers together.  This triathalon sounds like fun!

There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.