2013 GBCA Icicle Series

Started by ChrisK, December 05, 2012, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Is there a volunteer sign-up for post race snackums, setup, cleanup...?

Maybe a sponsor out there wants to buy pizza... ;) *hint*
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Quote from: ChrisK on December 29, 2012, 09:03:02 AM
Is there a volunteer sign-up for post race snackums, setup, cleanup...?

Maybe a sponsor out there wants to buy pizza... ;) *hint*

Charles will help clean up.  He likes to run the vacuum!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Christopher

Texans vs Bengals in wildcard playoff game at 3:30pm Saturday following Icicle #1.  Game on the big screen (NBC) at the clubhouse following racing.  Awards at halftime(?) or during a break.
Mahalo nui loa

Terry Young

Hi Shawn

I can fix that draft problem, quik haul and a hacksaw. We can make a party out of it!
You know I really love you guys, let me know if you need a tow!

"KATANA" (4', 3" draft :-) )

ChrisK

I believe there was actually a J27 that did that, a dozen or so years ago when it was sold locally and moved for lake sailing. I 'think' it was the green one...s/v Big Dill? Rumor has it, kept the sawed off portion of the keel and regrafted when he later resold the boat...someone can (please) correct my story...

I wonder what that would do to your PHRF...hmmm...
Past Commodore, 2010

Terry Young

Shawn

My wife(Carol) came up with a better idea, go back to crewing on KATANA, no more worries about low water!
Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!! Just add water!

"KATANA"

shawn

OK

We have a spot to move to before the race.  No we will not chop off the keel.  We will use it for pointing.  I do not know how the mud is going to effect our rating.  I really hope to not have the same wind as turkey day races and watch the boat go backwards again in the tide.  We almost threw out the anchor.

Good luck Terry keep the crew out of the rum.
Shawn
Shawn
Semi True Story

edthemainsailguy

crew out of the rum?...where's the fun in that?

Christopher

Icicle 1 results:

Spin:
1. Gambler
2. Parrot Tales Lite
3. Hamburg
4. ONO
5. Stinger

Non-spin:
1. Blind Ambition
2. Island Time
3. Chinook
4. Big D
5. Joan III

SOS:
1. Alert
2. Mental Floss
3. Selah

Cruising:
1. Fire Water
2. Figaro
3. Wandering Star
4. High Cotton
5. Gemini

Series results through 1st race: Linky
Mahalo nui loa

DollFin

Please make sure to clearly display which class you are racing in. We only ended up scoring 4 boats in Non-Spin because a boat we thought was in our class turned out not to be. 5th was either Tenacious or Joan III but since we thought we had already scored 5 boats, we left before they finished. Thanks!  8)

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Stellar of Course

Stellar of Course finished at 14:22:00

Ron Eddleman

shawn

Wow

That was so much better than the turkey day race.  I hate going backwards.  I am glad we did not trim the keel but we did have issues moving the boat.

I was watching the weather and saw the 5 knot wind to the west of us and am glad it stayed west.  I was down below when they loaded the boat up and everything was flying around the cabin.  Water was rising in the sinks and we had to stop to drain the sinks and close the valves.

Each of us was asking why do we do this?  It was warm in my bed.  The women think we are crazy. (and we are)  Maybe it was the hot todies that inspired us because at the end of the race i dont remember being cold and wet.  I know that we will have a rush on dry boots at west marine today.

Terry i have some wood i can donate to solve that 3 foot draft problem on Katana.  Maybe a centerboard that raises and lowers.  All you have to do is cut a hole in the bottom of the boat.  Actually have a diver check to make sure they put the keel back on after the bottom job. ;D

Actually next week it probablty will be light and we will owe you beer.  Hey were is that beer anyway im thirsty.

Se ya next week and Thanks for the hot todie recipe we will double the batches and have four thermoses full.  If you see us going the wrong way we got into the todies too early.  If you see s's in the water that is normal that means Walter is driving.

Shawn
Firewater
Shawn
Semi True Story

DollFin

Quote from: shawn on January 06, 2013, 09:09:10 AM

Each of us was asking why do we do this?  It was warm in my bed.  The women think we are crazy. (and we are) 

Firewater

Shawn, some of us women are just as crazy!  :o

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

shawn

True
very true
We had a woman on our boat.  Cindi did very well in the cold weather.

I just couldn't talk mine into going.  And when Walter asked Maralin she just laughed.
we tried mine is not a hard core racer yet, just a fair weather sailor.
Shawn
Semi True Story

ChrisK

SOunds like great turnout for I#1. Icicle#2 looks good. Nice looking (long range) wx for Saturday. Footsieball doesn't start until 3:30pm.
Heck, that's plenty of time to do it all...sail, then catch the rest of the games at the clubhaus.
I like that plan.

Oh, and Sunday morning, jump in the corporate jet to New England town... ;)
My weekend plan seems watertight, all except the jet part...
(Note: my investment in the lotto still hasn't paid out)
Past Commodore, 2010