2013 GBCA Icicle Series

Started by ChrisK, December 05, 2012, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Young

Fun but cold race, congratulations to Fire Water and her first place! But you know the only reason you made it out of the dock Shawn was because, I had my diver cut 8 inches off your keel, he will but I back on in the fall. Breaking  in new crew on KATANA(lost half of them to FireWater), hope to do better on Ice #2. Well done Walter, I will bring the beer I owe you on Saturday.
On another note love the new calendar! I was looking at it Saturday night and was enjoying looking at all the great photos on each month and thinking how great it would to make the calendar one year, and so I put it on my bucket list and closed calendar, and there on the front page was KATANA with her kite up( how sweet is that) heading for the finish line! Great shot, were can I buy more calendars and how much are they?

Maarten

Agree with Dollfin (post 24) on (better) showing class flags, especially in the foggy murky conditions of Saturday.

Just for the record then: Joan III finished 5, ahead of Tenacious.

edthemainsailguy

it's impossible to buy a calendar as i understand it...but if you buy my senior membership i will give you my calendar... ;)

harris

finish order for non spin I believe to be

1. Cyrano
2.sail NA19 blue hull
3. white beneteau   no sail number
4.white j22
5.Skalywag#11
6.sail 87572
7. sail 52295 chinook

sailorjohnny

Island Time was in there behind Chinook. Not sure that WTF. Ahead of Big D.

Terry Young

Another fun race, wind range 3 to 25 knot winds, someone at the party said they saw 32 knot. And that fog I could not see the range mark till I was within 300 feet of it. And the fog reminded me of some horror movie I use to watch, and was expecting a zombie to come out or the fog and board my boat at any time. And the chili at the party was great, my thanks to cooks.  Great sailing FireWater( first place again) when they change you?re rating for the next race, I bet have you starting on ?Sunday? to give us all a chance. And Figaro that?s a nice kite. Can?t think any were else I rather be, than sailing with you all. ?KATANA?

Deckhand

I got the photos from the GBCA Icicle Race #2 loaded on John's Flickr site. The links is http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157632509634283/ . These are the 30% photos. If anyone would like the 100%, send me an email sailsong@swbell.net and I can send the 100% photo. They are too big to try and load on flickr. Enjoy! Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014

sailorjohnny

Thanks Scott for the pictures. They definitly cleared up the non-spin finish!

shawn

AWESOME shots of Firewater and the Dragons

Can't wait for a sunny day to take some more
Shawn
Shawn
Semi True Story

Christopher

Quote from: harris on January 12, 2013, 03:32:22 PM
finish order for non spin I believe to be

1. Cyrano
2.sail NA19 blue hull
3. white beneteau   no sail number
4.white j22
5.Skalywag#11
6.sail 87572
7. sail 52295 chinook

Thanks Harris.  Needed to have this finishing information "presented to a GBCA board member at the social event following the race" so we can award the liquid trophies.  Need also to look for the class flags as you have boats from all four classes mixed together here.  Appreciate your help.
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

Icicle 2 results:

Spin:
1. Hamburg
2. Leading Edge (J109)
3. Infinity
4.Gambler
5. Stinger

Non-spin:
1. Chinook
2. Island Time
3. Big D
4. Be Easy
5. Madison's Life

SOS:
1. Alert
2. Mental Floss
3. Selah

Cruising:
1. Fire Water
2. Leopard
3. Figaro
4. Baltic Raider
5. Katana

Series results through 2nd race: Linky
Mahalo nui loa

Trink

S/V Toccata

shawn

Bumper boats on the bay...I though that was a wed night thing we got rid of.
Shawn
Shawn
Semi True Story

Sailaway

Wish I was out there but with all the photos I felt like I was!  GBCA is a great place to race!

harris

christopher

it was a little difficult in that wind and visibility

kind of penalizes boats from hyc also

understood