2013 GBCA Icicle Series

Started by ChrisK, December 05, 2012, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deckhand

That is absolutely correct! Tramp will be out as part of the judging committee for the best dressed Yacht. Wear your best dressed Yacht Wear and show us your Ascots  ;D! Skipper Scotty :-\
GBCA Commodore 2014

Terry Young

Incase some of you are to young to know of Judge Smails, here is a short clip from the Caddyshack movie!         

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGpQej3o9eo

Now lets go have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! "KATANA"   

Deckhand

Just a reminder, The Judge Smails Regatta is the last race of the Icicle Series. To win the overall Icicle Series, you must be a Senior Member of GBCA. Tramp will be out along with celebrity judges on the "Flying Wasp Class" "Flying Kiss" (weather permitting) to judge your finest attire. Tramp will not take time Todd ;)! If crew is needed, a new crew finder posting is up. It should be a glorious finale to the Icicle Series. 
GBCA Commodore 2014

ChrisA

Judge Smails it is. We look forward to seeing everyone in their finest yachty duds.

Gladden

Is the award for the WASP class based on look-a-like or most WASPy or simply best derssed in the fashion of the genre? I am working on it.
GG

Deckhand

It's a bit of all. Just don't forget your Ascot and Yachty Cap.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Gladden

Reminds me of the LYC Gulfport race rules.

Terry Young

Any one know what kind food will be at the club, besides good food!

ShakenNotStirred

Pulled pork sandwiches courtesy of Gary Trinklein.
Be careful not to get bbq sauce on your ass Scott!
2013 Commodore

Deckhand

I have had that problem before! :D Flying Kiss will not be out this weekend  :'( so make sure you swing by Tramp for pictures and so the not-so-celebrity judges can have a look-see! Pulled Pork.......Yummmm!
GBCA Commodore 2014

shawn

Shawn
Semi True Story

Sailaway

Ahhhh Gary Trinklein!  You are the man!

Terry Young

Shawn test! A score less than 70 and you fail. Get off the comp. and answer your phone! KATANA strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to Gary's cooking, hope it is as good as last weeks club food.

Deckhand

What a finish to the Icicle series, a chamber of commerce day! Here is the link to the photos of today http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157632677139550/. These are 30% pictures. If you want a 100% picture, let me know the picture number and email me at sailsong@swbell.net. Great weather,pulled pork,and Friends! GBCA is the Place To Race!
Scott Lacy
Participate.Volunteer.Support
GBCA Commodore 2014

Terry Young

Chris

I think there was a mistake in the Club tie breaker Skalawag should have been first and FireWater second. Both had two first place ( 10 points each ), but Skalawag next high was a second place( 4 points ) and FireWater had two second places( 2 + 2 = 4 points ), so Skalawag had the higher next score for the tie breaker. I have crewed for Walter ( FireWater) and he has crewed for me (KATANA) and he is a good friend put he is true sportsman. I hope I am wrong about this, but I believe that I am rite, so I have brought it to your attention. I know you have a lot on you plate trying to score all the groups in a short amount of time, so the chances of a mistake is increased.  "KATANA"