2013 GBCA Icicle Series

Started by ChrisK, December 05, 2012, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Terry,

You are correct.  Skalawag does win on the tie-breaker.  I've already spoken with Walter and Todd to correct the error.
In the rush to score the results when Club and NonSpin had changing results, I inverted the placing on the printout.

Thanks
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

Judge Smails Regatta best dressed winner:
- Leopard

Icicle 5 results:

Revised (NS & Club)

Spin:
1. Leading Edge
2. Gambler
3. Stinger
4. Hamburg
5. Picante

Non-spin:
1. Further
2. Chinook
3. Big D
4. Asylum
5. Be Easy

SOS:
1. Silver Bullet
2. Alert
3. Tom Foolery
4. Mental Floss
5. Selah

Cruising:
1. Skalawag
2. Baltic Raider
3. Leopard
4. Fire Water

Series results through 5th race: Linky

Overall series winner:

Spin:
1. Hamburg
2. Leading Edge
3. Stinger

Non-spin:
1. Big D
2. Island Time
3. Chinook

SOS:
1. Alert
2. Mental Floss
3. Selah

Cruising:
1. Skalawag (on tie breaker)
2. Fire Water
3. Leopard

Skipper must be senior member of GBCA in good standing in order to receive overall series award.
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Here is a highly edited video from Icicle 5.  I had one camera facing backwards and one forwards.  The one looking back used the open back so the sound from that is a bit annoying.  I would recommend you turn down the sound for this one.  I include a couple of tacks so you can see how bad I do those, but the rounding at E is by far my favorite.

I was really impressed with the number of boats out there.  I wished the camera was a little less wide angle.  It made the boats behind look like they were much further back then they actually were.

It was truly a beautiful day.  The party was great as usual, and the pulled pork was excellent.  GBCA is definitely the place to sail.  Anyone who does not support GBCA is really missing  the bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yRkFLVgVfM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JASpithill

Re Non-spin results: Ask the skippers of Wahoo and Chinook who finished first . . . By a wide margin.

Christopher

Quote from: JASpithill on February 03, 2013, 06:21:32 PM
Re Non-spin results: Ask the skippers of Wahoo and Chinook who finished first . . . By a wide margin.

Jack,  

I had 3 people at the clubhouse telling me that Further was sporting a white flag.  A review of the pictures from Tramp (posted here) confirms a white flag flying from Furthers backstay.

White is for the Spinnaker class.

Mahalo nui loa

shawn

Terry

We were told after the announcement.  But we are holding on to the memory of the moment.  We did get second, but we drank the bottle anyway.  I don't think they handed out bottles or trophies yet maybe at the Ball. 

Whose bottle did we drink?  Maybe it was the superbowl party.
anyone have some asprin?

Good fun see ya next series.
Shawn
Semi True Story

JASpithill

We flew the same flag in Icicle #5 we flew in Icicle #4 in which we were scored second in non-spin.  Just out of curiosity, who are my my three new best friends!

El Diablo

Quote from: JASpithill on February 04, 2013, 04:23:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, who are my my three new best friends!

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well.
?Force shites upon Reason's Back.?
-Ben Franklin