2013 HYC Revognah 1/1

Started by ChrisK, December 26, 2012, 07:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

Start the New Year right

I'm assuming it's the same deal as prior years, show up at the HYC bar at noon for the skippers meeting...race at 1:00ish?
Past Commodore, 2010

Charles

Quote from: ChrisK on December 26, 2012, 07:03:51 AM
Start the New Year right

I'm assuming it's the same deal as prior years, show up at the HYC bar at noon for the skippers meeting...race at 1:00ish?

According to the Bee-ster,
"the race will start at noon so we should probably plan to be up there for the "skippers" meeting at 11:00."
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Bee

I was wrong on the start time.  After researching my old revognaH emails I see that the skippers meeting is at noon followed by start around 1:00.

Sorry but I suffer from CRS disease.

Bee

It would be nice if HYC could resurrect the old SI's.  They were hilarious.

BTW, it appears that both Infinity and Stinger will come out to play.

edthemainsailguy

the sailing instructions changed?....that's a shame...it's such a ser-lar-ious race...best Mimosa i ever had...Kevin mixin' 'em on the dock at HYC...Happy NEW Year everyone!

Bee

They didn't change Ed.  They just no longer hand out the old hilarious ones.

Charles

Quote from: edthemainsailguy on December 26, 2012, 02:10:29 PM
the sailing instructions changed?....that's a shame...it's such a ser-lar-ious race...best Mimosa i ever had...Kevin mixin' 'em on the dock at HYC...Happy NEW Year everyone!

One mimosa, two mimosa, three mimosa, floor!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

ChrisK

Confirmed: skipper meeting and registration at noon, HYC bar. Pursuit race starts at 1:30

I wonder if we'll have the fog from years back...that was crazy
Past Commodore, 2010

edthemainsailguy

call me naive but i'm thinking if we have fog it will be NEW Year's fog....not the fog from years back... :D

Bee

I resemble that fog remark.  I actually sailed on Aftershock in that.  I can still see Nemo materializing out of one of Scotty's beams.

edthemainsailguy

turned into a beautiful afternoon as i recall...

BJSailor

So Bee, were you throwing drunk mutinous crew in the water?  We noticed the MOB drill.  Seriously, is everyone OK?
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Bee

Absurd as usual.  No, Paige was not drunk.  Doubt she even had a beer.  Because we have practiced MOB drills many times over the years, we had little difficulty plucking her out of the water.  A dry off and some warm clothes got her warm and toasty.  We had a big laugh afterwards.  Everyone is fine.

BJSailor

Happy it all worked out well Bee.  We saw the MOB and hoped everyone was OK.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those that understand Binary, and those that don't.