Icicle Sailing Instructions Posted

Started by cmay, December 22, 2020, 07:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmay

Hello everyone,

The SIs for the 2021 Icicle Series are posted on the front page.

Best,

Chris

ChrisK

Start the New Year right!
Really like the regatta poster for this one. Credit to @tiffanyferrisart
Will be out there on J105. Hope to get more local Fleet 17 out there.
Past Commodore, 2010

gwittich

Will the club handicap ratings be updated based on the results of the Chili Chase race?
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

cmay

No, given the light air and the fact not many people finished we decided not to re-run to include Chili Chase Data. Use the rating as posted on the CC site.

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher

Series Results click here as recorded by the GBCA scoring genie.

Caveat - The scoring genie is not doing the tie breakers.  It's just a straight sort, top to bottom on the total score.

RRS
A8. SERIES TIES
A8.1.
If there is a series-score tie between two or more boats, each boat's race scores shall be listed in order of best to worst, and at the first point(s) where there is a difference the tie shall be broken in favor of the boat(s) with the best score(s). No excluded scores shall be used.      (i.e. A with 2+4+3 for 9 wins over B with 3+3+3 for 9)
A8.2.
If a tie remains between two or more boats, they shall be ranked in order of their scores in the last race. Any remaining ties shall be broken by using the tied boats' scores in the next-to-last race and so on until all ties are broken. These scores shall be used even if some of them are excluded scores.      (i.e. The boat with a better score in the last race)
Mahalo nui loa

Funk

WHATS IT RATE

Tye Dyed Gary

For the past two weeks my boat has beat boat for boat another boat in the same class/group. Race #3 by about four boat lengths and in race #4 there were at least five boats between us. When I checked the results, this boat was posted ahead of me.  These races are run on the honor system, and there are many way to get the correct time (GPS, cell phone, VHF). So please check to make sure use are using the correct time when posting. 
Foredeck Crew Union, Local GBCA
'Shut Up' Just Drive the Boat

Bob H

I have not heard or seen any words on when/if we can pick up liquid trophies. Where on the web site is that being posted?

Terry Young

Firewater crew may be getting thirsty as well.