Series 4 Race 3 Results

Started by Charles, August 06, 2022, 08:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles

It appears that everyone was DNS ????
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

DarinK

Markus died at some point after PORT started, and I was unsure what the fleets want to do about it. We can just score normally.. if that's what you'd like.

ShakenNotStirred

I would vote to score normally.
I doubt anybody noticed that the mark "died" after they took the the time-to-sequence-start prior to the first sequence.  You can't hear the noises it makes anyway.
If you amended the SIs to start using GPS time as TieDyed suggests, you could replace "markus" with a pole with a flag on it, and enjoy the start from the comfort of the barge.  ;D
2013 Commodore

Charles

"I would vote to score normally.
I doubt anybody noticed that the mark "died" after they took the the time-to-sequence-start prior to the first sequence.  You can't hear the noises it makes anyway.
If you amended the SIs to start using GPS time as TieDyed suggests, you could replace "markus" with a pole with a flag on it, and enjoy the start from the comfort of the barge."

I agree
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

cmay

The decision last week was based on the presumption that the Markus was not working correctly after kicking off the warning of the first class. That is why we decided the fairest thing would be to not score the race.

However, it sounds like the majority (if not all) of the boats were not affected. We will go ahead and score everyone as they finished.

Thanks for your patience.

pete

Mathematically speaking, I would not call two entrants a "majority" or "all".  Not everyone gets synced on the first start.

While we are talking scoring..
I have seen low point , high point., and Cox- Sprague etc. All points scored in individual races.
Are there other examples or precedent for scoring an entire season on total corrected time  (as is prescribed for the spin classes this year)?
Thanks for holding the Wednesday night races, Cheers

cmay

We've spoken to more than the two that chimed in here. So, "mathematically speaking" we are closer to a majority than not.

I suspect the scoring will come out the same if scored low point, which is the general intention. I was not quite sure how Regatta Network would shake out the entire 5 series, particularly with boats jumping in/out in a given series. That is what led to the Total Corrected Time verbiage. The general idea is, that a boat that shows up regularly and sails the fastest regularly, wins.