2013 Texas Race Week

Started by Christopher, June 26, 2013, 12:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

We're going back to Galveston for the 2013 edition of Texas Race Week!

Thursday July 25 - Saturday July 27

NOR: Linky

See who is registered: Linky

Pleasure Pier Day at Texas Race Week:
The race on Thursday, July 25th will take the boats close to the Historic Galveston Pleasure Pier. Discounted admission to the Pleasure Pier will be available to all GBCA members on Thursday. A reserved area at the end of the pier will provide an exceptional place to watch the race.
Mahalo nui loa

Sailaway

Will tee shirts be available at the rum race this weekend?  ;D

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: Sailaway on June 27, 2013, 05:22:37 PM
Not this weekend. Probably not until Rum Race 5.
But if you want to reserve some, let me know the size and I'll make sure you get them.
2013 Commodore

John Swanson

Do I get any points for being first to sign up? I need a few.

ShakenNotStirred

Quote from: John Swanson on June 28, 2013, 07:56:50 AM
Do I get any points for being first to sign up? I need a few.
No points, but you will definitely get something!
2013 Commodore

Sailaway

Bee

Quote from: ShakenNotStirred on June 28, 2013, 07:49:32 AM
Quote from: Sailaway on June 27, 2013, 05:22:37 PM
Not this weekend. Probably not until Rum Race 5.
But if you want to reserve some, let me know the size and I'll make sure you get them.

I had some TORC shirts done with Stinger added in.  Contact

Karen Hazen <kjembroidery at gmail cot com>

Nice.

Deckhand

Texas Race Week is fast approaching. This should be a great race and help determine the Texas Navy Cup! Get signed up! If you do not want to race, consider volunteering to help with set up and take down for the great after race parties. Ed "edthemainsailguy" Kangas has already signed up to volunteer. Help Ed, myself, and the rest of the GBCA Board members put on another great GBCA event.
Scott Lacy
sailsong@swbell.net
Participate, Volunteer, Support
GBCA Commodore 2014

ShakenNotStirred

Just talked to Stephanie at the Yacht Basin. If you want a slip with power, you better get on the ball.
Plenty of room on the breakwater though, and it's free.
2013 Commodore

Sailaway

ChrisK

Past Commodore, 2010

John Swanson

We were just informed that we are on a waiting list for a slip with power. There are 11 boats on the list for 8 slips with electricity.

Sailaway

:o  15 boats   :o

I really enjoy this race.  It has been fun sponsoring through 3fbs.com.  Should be some fun parting getting ready to take place and I have my event passes.  Tramp is ready to go!  See you in Galveston!

John

mv Tramp
sv Flying Kiss

ShakenNotStirred

Party venue change:
Due to some unforeseen and unexpected circumstances, we have moved the venue for the Thursday and Friday post-race activities.  I think these changes will actually be better anyway. Details are still being worked out, but here is what we know so far.

• Thursday - post-race happy hour at The Rum Shack, which is on the roof of The Spot on the Galveston Seawall.  1800-2000.
  • Friday - Pizza party on the Tall Ship Elissa and Texas Seaport Museum. We will have access to about half of The Elissa (the rest is under renovation) and the entire museum. Open rum bar and beer. 1900-2230.
  • Saturday - same as before - Awards banquet and dinner at the Yacht Basin Pool. Cash bar and free beer. 1800-2200.

Remember you need to sign up for an event pass to attend these parties. Only $25.  Sign up here.
2013 Commodore

Sailaway

;D  "parting", yea that's how you spell partying ....  See I have already started!  :-*