Heald Bank Regatta

Started by sailmom, June 01, 2023, 08:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailmom

Registration is open and NOR is posted for the Heald Bank Regatta

This event is part of the TORC series for the Texas Navy Trophy and the S. Rhoads Fisher Trophy.

New this year is a sailors' brunch on Sunday morning, June 25, for the soggy and groggy.  Kind of our Galveston Bay version of SORC's Race to Buffet.  Details can be found in NOR section 4 Schedule.

https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/26512

Osprey

Reminder - Heald Bank Regatta is coming up on 6/24.  Registration closes tomorrow, 6/17.

sailmom

All,
An amendment to the NOR has been posted for the Heald Bank regatta, see link below.  This amendment is primarily intended to address a date error for the competitor's briefing.  The briefing will be held on Thursday June 22 at Lakewood YC and also online for anyone who cannot attend in person.  A link to the meeting will be sent out to all registered skippers no later than Wednesday evening.  We are also allowing one or two boat classes to allow competition for the Navy Cup / S. Rhoads Fisher trophies as part of the TORC series even if there is only a one or two boat class for the Heald Bank regatta.  The sailing instructions have also been posted so you can start plugging courses into your chart plotters.  Please note, due to relatively small number of entries I will likely combine the starts for all classes, to be discussed at the competitor's briefing and confirmed by VHF at 09:45 on Saturday morning.
https://www.regattanetwork.com/event/26512

Please make sure to have your crew waivers completed before the competitor's briefing on Thursday.  I note that two boats are presently only showing one crew member each.  As to fleets, please let me know if any desired changes.

Lastly, please remember to RSVP at 281-474-2511 for the special "soggy and groggy" Sunday brunch at 10:30 if you wish to attend.  This will be a fun chance to swap stories with other sailors and have some coffee to keep you awake through the day, or alternately a bloody mary to put you to bed for the day.  Assuming good wind and no protests we intend to have awards ceremony at the brunch at 11:00; however, you do not need to purchase brunch to receive awards.

Any requests for late registration can be addressed to the PRO and are likely to be granted.