Bay Cup II August 3

Started by Andrea, June 29, 2013, 05:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwittich

Here are a few key features of the upcoming Bay Cup Race:

1) Start in Trinity Bay, near the east end of the South Boater's Cut, east of HSC marker 60.
2) 8.5 NM quadrangle in TB, followed by a managed crossing of the Ship Channel in non-racing mode (less than 1 NM), then two more legs in GB, finishing near Kemah; total length between 15 and 17 NM.
3) Start time not before 1:00 PM; thereby we will take advantage of high tide and hope to catch the sea breeze.
This should also provide ample time for smaller boats to make it to the start.
We believe that the center part of South Boater's cut - at or near high tide - will provide enough depth for most deep keel boats to safely cross over into TB and later back into GB.
4) Plan B is a 13 NM course in GB (west of the Ship Channel) - same as for the Shoe Regatta. This will come into play only in adverse conditions.
Early sign-up would be greatly appreciated.
GW
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Andrea

Don't forget another key feature... A party with Kelly McGuire and Don Q and Caliche rums.  Spend the night at a Nassau Bay hotel and you can do brunch Sunday morning at Lakewood.

Bee

If I spend the night on Stinger in the harbor can I do brunch at LYC on Sunday?

Maarten

All sailing is always good but yesterday's  LYC Bay Cup 2 was spectacular, not only for the contrast with the weather for Bay Cup 1 but for the course, the wind and the long distance which is a joy for the larger yachts.

Another regatta under Gerhard Wittich's leadership. This was a creative course and I think that all those skeptical about Trinity Bay have been proven wrong.
It asked a lot of the racing committee because of the HSC crossing so thank you all on behalf of Joan 3's crew for a great day on the Bay.

Looking forward to the pictures, I will link Andrea to the one's we took in due course.

Maarten

Bee

Well said Maarten.

From what I saw, a bunch of LYC'ers, GBCA'ers and a HYC'ers are all congratulated for doing a wonderful job and for producing an absolutely spectacular day of racing.  I think I can get used to this.

Can't wait for the pictures.  Hope there are some good ones.

My crew and I all enjoyed the festivities both during and after the race.

We seem to be having a wonderful confluence of all three clubs making for some great times on the bay.  Its great to see the big hunkers going at it out here.  The only problem for my little thing is passing below one with a gynormous kite up.  Oh, yeah that's right, always stay high.

Hmm Beer.

Bee

You are late Andrea.  I downloaded a bunch before you even thought about posting this link.

Nice shots.  Really great shots.

Thanks

gwittich

During our initial scoring we failed to subtract the distance of the "Safety Leg", i.e. channel crossing, from the overall race distance.
The corrected results have been posted on Regatta Network.

With regard to final positions and trophies only two boats were affected:

"Leading Edge" takes third place in PHRF Spin A and "Duck 'N Dive" takes fourth.

My apologies,

Gerhard Wittich
Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Scoundrel