Single/Double Handed...

Started by STuma, July 23, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STuma

Who's in?  I hear there may an "old school" format appearing...
cheers...
Scott

hayesrigging

I am!!  Might bring Psyched out for that one!!!

TomM

I am thinking about bringing back the Gold Cup course-triangle, windward-leeward.  A little something for everyone-two beats, two reachs, a jibe, and a downwind!  I am in contact with Cabo about having a Saturday night party downstairs at their beach bar.  They are willing to do some drink specials.  What do people think of having a Calcutta Friday night?  I would like to try and get some classic canvas boats out and try to up participation in the event.  Lets talk it up, sign up early, etc!! Thanks in advance. 

STuma

Great ideas Tom.... I agree that we should get the cruising canvas boats more involved (they are set up the best for singlehanded sailing)... 2-3 mile legs?

The first singlehanded I did was a Gold Cup course, loved it...
cheers...
Scott

Christopher

NOR: Linky

The Single Hand Regatta and the Mixed Doubles are two separate events and you must enter each event individually. Individual event registration is $35. The combined entry fee for both regattas will be $60.00. Boats that enter both events and complete the entry requirements  will receive a $10.00 refund.  

Single Hand Regatta:
- To Register: Linky
- See who is registered: Linky

Mixed Doubles Regatta:
- To Register: Linky
- See who is registered: Linky
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

I signed up for the singles today, then the site crashed. Not looking good for me! Small boats unite!
Flying Kiss :-*
GBCA Commodore 2014

Christopher

Boats are signing up the last week before the regatta.  ;)

Are we not going to have a Spin class this year?   ???  Has Tuma scared off the competition?

Have you signed up? :)

Slight change to the NOR has been posted:  Awards for the Single Hand regatta will be given out to those who show up at the Recovery party at Cabo's Saturday night.  If you're too exhausted to make it to the Saturday party, we will have them at the party Sunday after the Mixed Doubles.
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

We've surpassed last years enrollment with 18 single sailors and 23 mixed doubles taking on the challenge of the gold cup triangle course in this years running of the regatta.  Congratulations and good luck to all of our intrepid sailors.  We look forward to seeing you out there on the water and at the apr?s racing parties.

Your friendly RC.
  8)
Mahalo nui loa

Maarten

When again are you posting the SI?

DollFin

We didn't enter because David's parents are up visiting from FL this weekend but you might see us out on Phoenix to watch the fun! Good luck everyone!

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Christopher

Mahalo nui loa

Maarten

Notice to registrants shows all races abandoned, seeing the reason mentioned this clearly refers to 2012 and not today's weather! In this case I suggest don't take notice of the notice.

Christopher

Quote from: Maarten on August 17, 2013, 07:24:12 AM
Notice to registrants shows all races abandoned, seeing the reason mentioned this clearly refers to 2012 and not today's weather! In this case I suggest don't take notice of the notice.

Left over from last year.  It has been corrected.
Thanks.
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

A beautiful day that started out with a nice breeze out of the NE and great temperatures.  Then became light and shifty as the racing started and progressed.

Results from Single Hand: Linky
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisA

Great race committee work. Thank you Chris, et al. Great party venue. Thank you Ken.