Single/Double Handed...

Started by STuma, July 23, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deckhand

Wow! What a day on the bay today. Thanks to all that helped with R/C yesterday and today. Thanks to Marilyn and Walter Horton on markset and on Tramp. Charles for markset yesterday. Dave and Lisa Liggett for markset yesterday and Dave today on markset. Thanks to Chris and Kelley Dees and there clan for help on Tramp. Thanks to Christina Tuma for taking my place for timing so I could race today. A big thanks to Lisa Liggett for racing with me on "First/Last" Kiss. Not Flying Kiss' wind, but lot of fun. Without all the volunteer help, racing does not happen at any club. Thanks also to Ken Womack, Scott Tuma, and Terry Gale for the after party set ups. Another Great Day at the GBCA!
ps, Thanks Walter for taking Flying Kiss out Saturday.
Scott " Last Kiss" Lacy 
GBCA Commodore 2014

Christopher

Another beautiful day of sailing on the bay, that was still punctuated with light shifty winds for the mixed doubles.

Results: Linky

Thanks to all the volunteers and racers for coming out.  A good time had by all!
Mahalo nui loa

Maarten

Thanks for organizing. It was special with moving marks planned and not noticed and noticed but not planned. Looking forward to the pictures (to prove that indeed there was not a lot of wind!).

Deckhand

Here is the link to Saturday's GBCA Single Handed Race: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157635150315792/ . Saw Doodah coming in as we were going out. Becky Cole took most of the pictures with Kelley Dees and myself taking the rest. These are the 30% pictures. If interested in the 100% , let me know. sailsong@swbell.net.
Last Kiss Scotty  :'(
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

Here is the link to Sunday's Mixed Doubles: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157635145297981/. William Dees took most of the pictures and I the rest after returning to Tramp. Thanks to John Dees for getting Flying Kiss to and from the dock. Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014

Maarten

Thanks for the pictures. Always a pleasure to see how the weekend was when back in the office. Seeing how I highhandedly managed to round the mark on the wrong side was less a pleasure but gladly there was no crew to needle the skipper!
Maarten

ChrisK

Very enojoyable weekend of shorthanded sailing. Great pics! I now appreciate my crew more than ever. Thanks GBCA, volunteers, LAcy Bros, once again!!!
Past Commodore, 2010

Trink

Indeed! Thank you Race Committee, GBCA, and everyone else for a great event.
S/V Toccata